DVDVR Message Board

Your 2017 INTERNET MATCHES Thread

Okay this is killing me, who is the mullet-hawk dude in this match? I didn't catch it at the beginning. And I'm not talking about Sato, I can always identify him cause of that tattoo

BTW, that is one fabulously bad pair of haircuts

EDIT: Nevermind, it's Shingo Takagi. I never watch Dragon Gate

EDIT II: Hey, that was pretty cool! Of course I love all these Strong BJ matches but this one kinda stood out from the pack a bit because it had a crowd brawl where toothless old men get to laugh at them chopping each other and 

Spoiler

they went broadway?! Holy shit...

There are a lot of unnecessary headbutts though. The one Fighting Spirit spot is very well done, I must say, and the bodyslam tag-out sequence was pretty funny. As expected this is a lot of meat-chopping; I'm always reminded of Texas Chainsaw 2 where Bill Moseley slaps J.T.'s supposedly dead body and says "Lookit that beef!"

22 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Okay this is killing me, who is the mullet-hawk dude in this match? I didn't catch it at the beginning. And I'm not talking about Sato, I can always identify him cause of that tattoo

BTW, that is one fabulously bad pair of haircuts

EDIT: Nevermind, it's Shingo Takagi. I never watch Dragon Gate

Shingo is awesome. I loved his match against Morishima for the ROH world title. 

My friend and I spent most of the match laughing at how hard they were hitting each other. Definitely would've preferred not having Sato's headbutts but strong style gonna strong style til the day they die I guess. Does Shingo do much work outside of DG? He fit in with that crew so well and I'd love to see more. And Sato's hair may be the legitimately worst hair cut I've ever seen. Not flattering in the slightest. It's like he went to a bad college barber shop with a picture of Minoru Suzuki. 

No one cares but I need to post things as a reminder to watch them eventually

CMLL Gran Prix Tournament match

Diamante Azul, Dragón Lee, Euforia, Mephisto, Rush, Último Guerrero, Valiente, Volador Jr. vs Johnny Idol, Juice Robinson, Kenny King, Kojima, Marco Corleone, Matt Taven, Michael Elgin, Sam Adonis

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 2:28 PM, RIPPA said:

The Princesa Sugehit vs. Zeuxis mask match

1. I am sure that Mark loved the finish.

2. Princessa Sugehit looks as if she were La Amapola's heavier half-sister.

That was so goshdarn fun to watch live (I'm the fat dude with glasses in the front row)  WALTER chopped the piss out of Fred and Yehi played a great underdog in this.  Would highly recommend checking it out.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

That was so goshdarn fun to watch live (I'm the fat dude with glasses in the front row)  WALTER chopped the piss out of Fred and Yehi played a great underdog in this.  Would highly recommend checking it out.

You were there, Niko?  This match was in the DMV?  I absolutely must get a DoD job closer to my crib in Odenton.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

You were there, Niko?  This match was in the DMV?  I absolutely must get a DoD job closer to my crib in Odenton.

I lucked out because this guy's friend bailed on them and he had a front row ticket to sell.  I just happened to be the first guy in line that responded to his request and there I was.  For that seat I couldn't pass it up.  And yes, you should definitely find a job closer to Odenton if at all possible.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2017 at 6:12 PM, cubbymark said:

Needs more Alabama Doink. Maybe not, but this is fun bad.

I tried talking a friend of mine who wrestles on the Alabama indy scene to lobby for a match with Alabama Doink.  He was not as enthusiastic about the idea as I was.