DVDVR Message Board

WWE HALL OF FAME 2017

RIPPA

Jushin Liger was just announced as working ROH's Supercard of Honor show (which is their Mania weekend show)

So while he will be in Orlando that weekend - I doubt Vince would be too keen on inducting a guy into the HOF on Friday, having him work ROH Saturday and then show up on Mania on Sunday

So I am thinking Liger in the HOF is off the table

(Yes - Liger can do his own bookings and in theory could cancel his ROH booking but I doubt he really wants to get in between NJ and the WWE again)

54 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Heyman is the only choice to induct Brock when he goes in. 

Heyman should be in as well. You could go with Foley, Dreamer, the Dudleys, or maybe Taz for the induction. If it's Dreamer, I say let Paul E. shoot him, so Tommy can finally take a bullet for ECW. It'll just be a grazing blow. 

Paul Heyman should be and I think he will be.

Shawn Michaels and Edge went into the WWE Hall of Fame a year after retiring, will WWE do the same for Daniel Bryan or wait on it?

With Fred Ottman's recent health scare - I wouldn't be shocked if the Natural Disaster rumor is true just so they don't wait too long

(Assuming he is healthy enough to travel)

1 hour ago, MonteCarl said:

So if Rick Rude is going in this year, who inducts him and who will accept? As far as I know, he doesn't have any kids or a widow or anything, right?

He has three kids. I am not sure if his wife ever remarried. His youngest son died in a motorcycle accident in Sept so the family might not be ready for public scenes.

I figure Heyman would be involved - either inducting or accepting

Austin is a great choice to induct Rude. He always has great stories about the guy, but most of them do involve Rude being pretty high...

Or if Jake weren't likely inducting DDP, then he could do it too.

Kurt Angle's Hall of Fame induction was bound to happen at some point, especially after he mellowed out about his relationship with Vince McMahon in recent years.  Angle at his peak was one of the very best workers in WWE history.  He easily deserves this spot.  I'm not going to say it should've happened sooner.  A lot of fans get very angry or passionate about who hasn't been inducted yet, but you can't induct every legend or potential candidate every year either.  In time, I believe even Chyna will get a HOF induction.  

13 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Austin, Eaton, Arn, Larry, Heyman, Madusa could induct Rude as a unit. They won't but they could.

(Seriously I could see it being Jake or Sting, if not Austin. The gimmicky choice is Regis).

And now if they don't all induct him, it's going to be a disappointment.

2 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

What are the odds on The Midnight Express or Rock N Roll Express ever getting inducted?

RnR can go in the year after the Hardys do, so Broken Matt can do the induction speech and apologize for leaving Ricky hanging.

Midnights won't go in anytime this decade, as who among the higher ups in the WWE are going to give Cornette a live mic on one of their big nights?

1 hour ago, Brandon-E said:

Miss Elizabeth will go in before she does. 

I mean Miss Elizabeth should go in there eventually too.  But that doesn't mean Chyna never will.  I would say Elizabeth should've gone in before Trish Stratus and Lita.