DVDVR Message Board

WWE HALL OF FAME 2017

RIPPA

20 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

Screw hall of fame, DDP should be nominated for sainthood. Cleaning up Jake Roberts and Scott Hall, that's 2 miracles right there. 

The way Meltzer implies it - that is exactly the reason he is going in since the WWE was so impressed with Roberts and Hall that this is pretty much the thank you to DDP

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Don't you need 3 miracles?

I think he actually won some matches against NWO A-Teamers.

He was a WCW guy that won a title or two after the Invasion angle.

He did the "stalk SaraTaker" storyline without breaking character.

Would any of those count?

8 minutes ago, zev said:

I think he actually won some matches against NWO A-Teamers.

He was a WCW guy that won a title or two after the Invasion angle.

He did the "stalk SaraTaker" storyline without breaking character.

Would any of those count?

Actually... him getting The Diamond Doll is the third miracle. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I never understood the stalker angle since he had Kimberly at the time... or did he?

Stalking Sara wasn't a lust thing. It was a 'piss off The Undertaker' thing.

He wanted to go after the biggest dog in the yard and stalking Sara was just to get the Deadman's attention so that he would, in Page's words, "Make me famous!"

EDIT - Rewatching this and damn, they missed something massive with DDP here. The roar when Page take off the mask is massive and his promo was absolute money.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Considering they just broke Demos record because of a lawsuit - they certainly aren't putting them in the HOF

I've heard a lot of conflicting stories about that lawsuit, I thought it was settled years ago which led them to getting their Legends contract and figures, etc. Anyone know what the official ruling is? I figured since they got mentioned so much it would be good timing.

From Bix's story in Oct

http://www.sescoops.com/wwe-claims-19-of-50-wrestlers-in-concussion-lawsuit-signed-away-right-to-sue/

Demolition Ax (Bill Eadie), who, “with the knowledge, advice, and consent of his legal counsel,” signed a settlement agreement on May 25, 2001. Eadie had been engaged in a lawsuit against WWE (then WWFE) for almost a decade over, among other things, the rights to the Demolition gimmick.

Basically - Eadie is suing them for a whole host of things (not just the concussion stuff) and the WWE is claiming he signed away his right to sue.

So while most likely he wouldn't win the in the concussion suit - he still has outstanding issues with them

Also Demo was interviewed by Sports Illustrated in Dec and the lawsuit and HOF came up

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016/12/14/wrestling-tna-matt-hardy-final-deletion-demolition-new-day-0

Both Ax and Smash are part of a concussion lawsuit against WWE. They were asked if legal matters have led to WWE looking to replace their long-standing record, or if that lawsuit is preventing their entrance into the WWE Hall of Fame.

Ax: I have no idea if that’s the case [with the lawsuit]. We have no communication with them, and we haven’t communicated with them. We have no control over the Hall of Fame. We get asked that a lot, and told that we should be there. If it was based on careers, we should be there. Whether we get asked or not, we don’t know.

Smash: It would be a real honor to be in the Hall of Fame, but there are a lot of guys who should be in but aren’t. It would be a big thing, but who knows, we may never. There may be some heat there.

Ax: We haven’t spoken with anyone in the office for years. They realize we’re not going to be the ones to make the first call.

Smash: When Bill and I broke into the business, this was our whole life. We’ve had different gimmicks throughout our careers, and wrestling has been such a big part of our life. So it feels like [WWE] doesn’t care about what we’ve done our whole life. It was our whole life. When was the last time you got a phone call?

Ax: I haven’t.

Smash: Howard Finkel called us one day and said we’re going to be in a video game, but there was no video game. Wrestling was our whole life, and we’re still here at shows now because we love it so much. We want to see the next generation flourish.

Ax: We were on the road for years eating ham and cheese sandwiches on Thanksgiving. We worked all the holidays, so I’d celebrate Thanksgiving with my family the day before. The company would shut down from December 18 to December 24, and our travel day was Christmas Day, so we’d celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve.

Smash: Thank god we have life outside the wrestling business. Our families are the most important things in our lives. We gave so much of our lives to this business and we’d still like to be involved, so we stay involved in our own way and have a lot of fun.

Ax: We’re not bitter, and we understand this is part of sports. You can’t be a 45-year-old running back. We have no control over the Hall of Fame. I wish we could, or that we could give the fans an accurate answer, but we can’t.

Smash: The fans tell us we should be in the Hall of Fame, and that means a lot. People have asked me about the Bushwhackers, but personally, I don’t mind that the Bushwhackers are in.

Ax: The British Bulldogs and Rick Rude should be in the Hall of Fame too. I understand how it works. They have their focus on making money now. Back when we were there, they had their focus on making money then. When the guys on top leave ten years from now, they’ll have their eyes, again, on making money at that particular moment.

Smash: It’s a tough business. You’re on your own.

Ax: They don’t owe us anything. We don’t owe them anything. It’s a business.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Green Meanie said:

I've heard a lot of conflicting stories about that lawsuit, I thought it was settled years ago which led them to getting their Legends contract and figures, etc. Anyone know what the official ruling is? I figured since they got mentioned so much it would be good timing.

There's a new lawsuit that was filed last summer with Road Warrior Animal, Chavo Cuerrero, Demo, The Hebener, Snuka

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/729955-wrestlers-suing-wwe-brain-injuries

They could always induct Frankie.

I've always been one of the few who has no problem with Koko in the Hall of Fame.  The guy was awesome in Memphis, and considering his size, he pretty much overachieved in the WWF.  He definitely seemed to make the most out of what he was given. Hell, at least he was IN the WWE.  There's a few guys whose first moments in the WWE were their acceptance speech.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I'm good with Rude and DDP.

I kinda want them to induct Koko AGAIN - just to piss people off.  Maye they can induct both Owen and Koko a second time (Owen's in, isn't he) as High Energy. 

Owen is not in. His wife doesn't want them to induct him.

5 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

There's a new lawsuit that was filed last summer with Road Warrior Animal, Chavo Cuerrero, Demo, The Hebener, Snuka

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/729955-wrestlers-suing-wwe-brain-injuries

I wouldn't take much stock in those reports as lawyers will throw names included in class action lawsuits without the party even knowing.

My pure guesses on this year's class

Rock - Headline

DDP

Jim Neidhart (since Bret Hart is already in and they aren't putting Owen in. Plus - Nattie or Bret does the induction)

Rick Rude - Dead Guy

Jushin Liger - Japan

Torrie Wilson - Woman (Since they did the Where Are They Now on her seems like she is quasi on top of mind for them. I still think Stacy Keibler is their first choice)

Either Regis Philbin or Bob Barker - Celebrity (unless of course they can get a bigger "name". Shaq is possibly that "bigger name")

Dudleyz - tag team

• Like 1