DVDVR Message Board

WWE HALL OF FAME 2017

RIPPA

Just gonna start the thread now since stuff has trickled out

DDP (via PWI) is saying he is going in this year

PWI is also saying the Rick Rude is also going in this year

Now y'all can spend 3 months saying how no one is qualified to make the WWE Hall of Fame

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Just gonna start the thread now since stuff has trickled out

DDP (via PWI) is saying he is going in this year

PWI is also saying the Rick Rude is also going in this year

Now y'all can spend 3 months saying how no one is qualified to make the WWE Hall of Fame

DDP is such an interesting candidate.  I think he should be in, but I fully understand all the arguments against him.  I'd argue that DDP was the most important babyface of WCW's most profitable era.  Sting was staring off into space from the rafters for a year, while DDP was putting on a bunch of great TV performances and getting the Diamond Cutter over as any finisher in history. 

• Like 1

The WWE HOF criteria are 1) Do people vaguely remember your name from anything tangentially related to wrestling? 2) Does Vince like you? The observer HOF I can see arguments over, but the WWE HOF is just a nice token gesture.

I bet Chyna goes in this year too with Waltman inducting her.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Go2Sleep said:

The WWE HOF criteria are 1) Do people vaguely remember your name from anything tangentially related to wrestling? 2) Does Vince like you? The observer HOF I can see arguments over, but the WWE HOF is just a nice token gesture.

I bet Chyna goes in this year too with Waltman inducting her.

It depends on if the 'E got rid of the only one deceased wrestler per ceremony rule. If Rude is going in, then Chyna won't be.

It'll be interesting if they do the mass induction of historic wrestlers again. There are so many candidates they could choose from.

1 hour ago, Go2Sleep said:

The WWE HOF criteria are 1) Do people vaguely remember your name from anything tangentially related to wrestling? 2) Does Vince like you?

Don't forget if the family/estate wants the person inducted (Owen Hart for example).

1 hour ago, Wyld Samurai said:

DDP can't be the closer though, could he? 

The general thought is that the Rock will be the headliner since it is in Orlando but nothing is set in stone there

I'm thinking Vader gets inducted, Sting does the speech. King of Cable shout outs all night long.

Within the next 7 years I think Ivory, Victoria, and Molly Holly all go in. I say Ivory gets the nod this year.

15 hours ago, zev said:

I'm thinking Vader gets inducted, Sting does the speech. King of Cable shout outs all night long.

Within the next 7 years I think Ivory, Victoria, and Molly Holly all go in. I say Ivory gets the nod this year.

If they have confirmed Vader's health prognosis then I think it is a lock Vader goes in this year

Judging by Networking appearances only - Molly Holly would probably be their first choice with Ivory trailing as 2nd

2 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Now it's finally time for Demolition.

Considering they just broke Demos record because of a lawsuit - they certainly aren't putting them in the HOF