DVDVR Message Board

The All Purpose Comics Industry News Thread

The Unholy Dragon

I've met a lot of pros in 25 years of going to cons, and I met maybe 2 in my life who were as kind, enthusiastic and charming as Perez. The way other pros are telling George Stories more than talking about his decades of amazing work makes it pretty clear that that isn't something he only turned on around fans. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

There are folks complaining about the new JLA/Avengers collection only being 7000 copies, since they will likely get snapped up by speculators and big chain stores.

I want a copy but am expecting to have to pay a huge markup to get one from a reseller.  I'll do it, but it's a little annoying.

24 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I'd like one, but thankfully still have my original issues.

I have a copy of the softcover collection that was published in 2008, so I don't need it.  But Perez might be my favorite artist and I really like the Perez/Busiek run, so I'm willing to double-dip.

I'm really hoping Hero Initiative let Busiek post his afterward online after the JLA/Avengers print is in stores. I have the amazing slipcase double hardcover* so between the likely absurd prices and the fact that ideally the 7,000 copies will mostly go to people who really want/need them, I probably won't try to get a copy of this new printing.

*Bittersweet purchase because it was the last thing I bought at my old LCS as they were going out of business, though I did get it got half price for that reason. But on it's own, it's amongst the "crown jewels" of my collection.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...