DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] for JANUARY 25, 2017

RIPPA

PWI

Week 3

- Aliyah def. Mandy Rose 

- No Way Jose def. Kona Reeves. 

Post match: Elias Samson comes out, singing his song. No Way Jose interrupts him. Samson charges the ring, but Jose punches him and Samson retreats. 

- Eric Young def. Chris Atkins. 

Post match: Eric Young says that Dillinger made the wrong choice for Takeover. Damo hits a senton on Atkins 

- TM61 def. The Revival. 

Post match: The Revival lay out Thorne and Miller before attacking Thorne's knee. Thorns has to be helped to the back.

- William Regal says we should hear from the participants of the Women's title match, since we're 3 days away from Takeover.  Billie Kay and Peyton Royce come out first. Nikki Cross comes out next, followed by Asuka, who charges the ring. Nikki and Asuka stare each other down. Peyton and Billie attack, but are thrown out  Asuka nails a kick on Nikki, before security pries them away.  Nikki nails a dive to the outside. 

- Shinsuke Nakamura and Tajiri def. Samoa Joe and Bobby Roode  (likely a dark match)

Post match; Kassius Ohno comes out and confronts Nakamura before leaving 

WON

- Aliyah defeated Mandy Rose by submission.

- No Way Jose defeated Kona Reeves

Jose used his half nelson slam for the victory. The Drifter then showed up to massive heat. Jose sang "Just Drift Away" to the tune of his own song and Drifter left angrily.

- Eric Young (w/ Alexander Wolfe and Nikki Cross) defeated Chris Atkins

Young would say "10" when landing strikes as he wants to face Dillinger. Young won with a wheelbarrow neckbreaker.

- TM61 defeated The Revival

Nick Miller won with a roll-up, then The Revival destroyed him. They left Shane Thorne laying with a Shatter Machine and he was tended to by doctors.

- William Regal announced a fatal four-way NXT Women's Championship match at TakeOver: San Antonio with Asuka defending against Kay, Royce, and Cross. He said that, despite his better judgment, he wants to hear from all four women in the match.

This turned into a wild brawl with Kay and Royce fighting Asuka and Cross before the Aussies backed off, allowing Asuka and Cross to fight. Cross jumped off the top to the outside, taking out Asuka and a swarm of security as Kay and Royce looked on in shock.

Possibly dark match main event --
- NXT Champion Shinsuke Nakamura & Tajiri defeated Samoa Joe & Bobby Roode

Nakamura pinned Joe with the Kinshasa.

- Chris Hero returned to NXT after the match. The titantron referred to him by his old NXT name of Kassius Ohno. He entered the ring and looked at Nakamura before leaving.

Per Meltzer - Thorne needs knee surgery which will put him out for several months

And the injury occurred during these tapings

Obviously - Revival vs. TM61 was supposed to be the next tag feud so obviously that is going on hold

• 2 weeks later...

Loved the finale for building the women's title match. Asuka and Nikki staring each other down and fighting off security was great. As was Billie & Peyton looking on and wondering just what the fuck they have gotten themselves into with this match.

This had to have been Liv's best showing yet. She looked like an actual threat to Ember a moment or two. I just wish they would re-evaluate her gimmick as she's still coming off as Carmella-Lite to me.

That segment hyping the women's 4 way was pretty great! So good to see NXT's women's division getting back on track.

4 hours ago, Jamal said:

This had to have been Liv's best showing yet. She looked like an actual threat to Ember a moment or two. I just wish they would re-evaluate her gimmick as she's still coming off as Carmella-Lite to me.

That segment hyping the women's 4 way was pretty great! So good to see NXT's women's division getting back on track.

Sometimes I get the inkling that the reason they haven't done this is because they want to eventually team them up. Hell, a Liv/Carmella team with Ellsworth as a manager could work pretty well, but probably only in NXT.

• Like 1

Right now, Peyton and Billie are the mobsters in the subplot of a kaiju movie where GodAsuka and Nikkigan are squaring off.

I think I might have just noticed this, but I think Ember is doing a Sailor Moon hand pose thing when she does her entrance.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

Right now, Peyton and Billie are the mobsters in the subplot of a kaiju movie where GodAsuka and Nikkigan are squaring off.

I think I might have just noticed this, but I think Ember is doing a Sailor Moon hand pose thing when she does her entrance.

This is my favorite post in months. I have nothing to add but a reference to Sasha Banks' well-documented fondness for Sailor Moon and a hope for a match between the two where we learn that yes, it IS physically possible to counter the Eclipse into the Bank Statement. 

On 1/25/2017 at 6:43 PM, nofuture said:

I'm totally enjoying Nikki Cross as the bizzaro Bayley, totally crazy but always wanting to hug Damo when he destroys someone.

Totally, Nikki Cross has found her new teddy bear. I hope he remains oblivious to her throughout, like she's an annoying clingy cat he puts up with because he's secretly a cat person.

And that dive she did...

oSfYIg2.jpg

For a second there I really thought Chris Atkins entrance song was a version of Warrant Cherry Pie

I really used to like Sanity entrance music but hearing about 10 times in the last week to catch up I can't stand it.   It is the one of the few entrance song that could be done live all the time because it sounds like some one just hits 2 buttons on a synthesizer