DVDVR Message Board

The Music Festival Thread

CSC

Re: WoodStock 50:

3 hours ago, Casey said:

Cancelled.png

or maybe not?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/29/entertainment/woodstock-50-festival-canceled-trnd/index.html

jesus, what a shit show.  i am planning on going to this show, if it happens, but it's been a nightmare to try to plan a trip to New York with so little unveiled. They haven't said anything about ticket prices, lodging/camp sites, they haven't provided ANY INFORMATION ON ANY SUBJECT!  i'm still holding out hope that this ends up taking place. if not, i'll probably just hit up the Bethel Woods site of the original fest and spend a couple extra days in the city. but i would REALLY like to be able to get some wheels in motion, whichever way this goes.

Edited by twiztor

• 1 month later...

I suppose this falls under a music festival, my city holds a Day of Music festival on the summer solstice every year, with like 40 venues holding all sorts of different concerts throughout the entire day and all within walking distance of my house.  Always one of my favorite days of the year, even if we did crap out at 7pm last night from too much day drinking.  

http://www.thedayofmusic.com/

Also ...  I mean.  How can you pass up Susie Q at an 80 year old historic theatre?

Edited by CSC
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

RIP to Woodstock 50, which is now officially cancelled.
about fucking time. in my last post here, i called it a shit show. i didn't know the half of it. i've been following "updates" daily. losing financial backers, production teams, entire venues, entire cities, the entire goddamn lineup (!) and it wasn't until yesterday that they cancelled it. the thing was supposed to be start two weeks from tomorrow. what a trainwreck that never should have lived as long as it did.

for those curious, we will be hitting up Santana/Doobie Bros on the original Bethel Woods site that Saturday instead. 

• 1 month later...

So after my talk of being angry that the first year I could afford to get a full-weekend pass to ACL and not being happy with the lineup, I fuckin' bought a weekend 2 ticket.  Robyn is in the top 3 shows I've ever seen, I wanted to see the Cure, and my only prior fest experience was the final Fun Fun Fun and it was very positive.  Hope it's awesome, pissed that Glover and the Cure are competing instead of being on different days.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

2 days in, my only regret is not being charismatic enough to drag someone else along. Best discovery of someone I was unfamiliar with is the Aces, to whom I wandered up expecting to stay for one song and then move along. I ended up bopping through a really joyful set of dance-rock and buying their album.  Name bands I've seen are The Raconteurs, Guns 'n' Roses, Metric and the Cure, and all 4 have kicked my ass. I think I'm glad I saw GnR in 2019 instead of 1992, since there was a much lower chance of Axl flaming out after 2 songs. Priorities for Sunday are Bruce Hornsby (I was a VH1 kid, not an MTV kid) and of course Robyn.  Really glad I bit on the 3-day pass instead of Sunday-only, which was my initial intent.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2019 at 4:34 AM, Brian Fowler said:

Metallica are going to be playing five different rock festivals next year, and two nights at each one.

I've got an offer for a place to stay to attend Rockville, but it just seems like a hassle given financial situations right now, and I've always wanted to see Metallica live.

I'm probably going to swing Sweetwater 420 in Atlanta this year. Lineup is solid despite not being a big Trey fan (but TAB and Oysterhead sound more interesting than seeing Phish).

79756173_2634924203250568_6325131283789774848_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ohc=XFIOqxnMeQkAQlkrtz58iWB1dmM4-gABdc4rDMzg3RbwsT_hhCU63uWiA&_nc_ht=scontent.fhsv1-1.fna&oh=e3316aeee9de70bdbafa5e9bb71ed9ea&oe=5E68F833

• 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 5:34 AM, Brian Fowler said:

Metallica are going to be playing five different rock festivals next year, and two nights at each one.

Already got my tickets for Louder then Life here in Louisville. Last year's Guns N Roses debacle aside, this festival has always been a blast to attend and can't wait to see Metallica both night.

• 1 month later...