DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown 7/12/13

rzombie1988

I'm on board with Ryback selling fake injuries while still beating people with all his old moves, but acting like it's harder than it is.  I know there have been a ton of heels with fake injury casts, vests, helmets.  But has their been one who spends every match pretending to be hurt, like limping around, but still beating people up?  Just wanting people to treat him like a hero. 

For it to work, he needs a manager to rub his leg and act concerned about him and give interviews about how brave he is.  Just reason 1005 we need Heenan back.

Setting up the Yes Lock with Bryan's double kick to Christian's arm as it was draped against the steps was so amazing.  And then Ch did that shit where he "sold" it when he was just walking around doing nothing, but it didn't actually affect his offense. He even did the spear with the same shoulder and later used it to throw Bryan off of him.  Come on, son.  Read the diagrams.

"Never trust a Neidhart." 

Wait, so the Shield are in the Wade Barrett memorial slot?  And no Dean Am?  But The Summer of Shield! 

This is all falling apart. 

Next thing you'll tell me is that Dolph has suddenly gotten boring...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Next thing you'll tell me is that Dolph has suddenly gotten boring...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I thought you were going to take advantage of the board not being up on Monday after RAW. Avoid talk of how horrible he was during that segment on Monday. 

• Like 1

Wait, so the Shield are in the Wade Barrett memorial slot?  And no Dean Am?  But The Summer of Shield! 

This is all falling apart. 

Suddenly?? No.. He's been consistently boring for a while now.

• Like 1

I was watching the best of RAW 2010 DVD - there was this D Bry vs Ziggler match (which was really good) where Ziggler's entourage was Vickie and her NXT rookie Kaitlyn, and the announcers were asking everyone to remember about how Kaitlyn was causing troubles in Dolph and Vickie's relationship. Don't know if the current dealie with Kaitlyn messing with Dolph's relationship is supposed to be a back reference to that, or if the tiny Divs roster means they have to repeat feuds too quick.

I was watching the best of RAW 2010 DVD - there was this D Bry vs Ziggler match (which was really good) where Ziggler's entourage was Vickie and her NXT rookie Kaitlyn, and the announcers were asking everyone to remember about how Kaitlyn was causing troubles in Dolph and Vickie's relationship. Don't know if the current dealie with Kaitlyn messing with Dolph's relationship is supposed to be a back reference to that, or if the tiny Divs roster means they have to repeat feuds too quick.

What are the odds the writers even remember that angle well enough to tie it in to current storyline?

Actually, what are the odds the current writing staff is even aware of a storyline relationship from three years ago?

I think if we're all honest, probably less than 10% of us remembered that angle until reading about it in this thread. I know I didn't. Hasn't there been a bunch of turnover among the writing staff since then too?

They still have not yet concluded the entire AJ / Cena hotel room scandal storyline, that lead to AJ's firing as GM.

I think AJ and Cena were able to prove it wasn't Cena, but they never revealed who was actually in there. I have not forgotten about this.

They still have not yet concluded the entire AJ / Cena hotel room scandal storyline, that lead to AJ's firing as GM.

I think AJ and Cena were able to prove it wasn't Cena, but they never revealed who was actually in there. I have not forgotten about this.

That whole thing made little sense. But yeah, AJ was clearly in a robe heading to someone's room, Cena or not.

Since we don't have a RAW topic, I'll throw this here:  I loved the hell out of the lantern entrance for the Wyatt family on Monday.  Love the way Bray's hat catches the light so it sort of illuminates his face and that Harper and sheepmask look even creepier when you can barely make them out.

I loved the entrance as well but I'm thinking maybe the beat down would have been more effective if they didn't turn all of the lights on. These guys under bright lights and in HD don't look as menacing as maybe they would if the lights only came back on say a dim setting... 

I said the same thing in the July Wrestling Catch-All thread, the Wyatt Family entrance with the lantern was my favourite thing about the act.

Didn't watch Smackdown but looked at rzombie1988's GIF, that's two nasty Kaityln on AJ Spears.