DVDVR Message Board

2017 ROH DISCUSSION THREAD

18 hours ago, Craig H said:

So what are the current storylines and what should I be aware of? 

-Bullet Club, as mentioned, are the World Champions and Tag Champions.  They're pushed as the lead heel faction in ROH, but also more popular than the faces chasing them.
-Christopher Daniels is wrestling Jay Briscoe in the finals of a tournament and will likely win and face Adam Cole for the World Title.
-Marty Scurll is Television Champion and saying he doesn't have any challengers, hence this week's main event.  Dijak is challenging him for the title next, based on what paintedbynumbers said above, I'd wager he'll be unsuccessful.
-The Young Bucks will be defending the tag titles against the Hardy Boys in the coming months, in an interpromotional match that only one promotion is promoting (ROH)
-Kevin Sullivan is leading a stable of evil wrestler comprised of BJ Whitmer, Punishment Martinez and possibly Steve Corino.  They ramble around and say evil things and have brawls.  
-The whole show is in a major state of flux as they recently lost one half of their new tag team (Keith Lee), their previous World Champion (Ryan O'Reilly), and onscreen matchmaker/comissioner/sometime colour commentator (Nigel McGuinness).  They are rumored to be losing their current world champion (Cole in Spring to WWE), usual color commentator (Steve Corino), half or both of War Machine, Dijak, and possibly lead commentator (Kevin Kelly).  So it could be a completely different show over the course of the next few months.
-Though, realistically, what you should be doing is watching Dalton Castle, because he is the absolute best.

• Like 3

I'd be all for Ryan O'Riley showing up as a manager in WWE/NXT/anywhere in wrestling he'd be a top promo guy right away, always plotting to make sure he ends up ahead but might have to reduce his worst instincts of just having those in his way killed though 

• Like 3

On 05/02/2017 at 8:36 PM, RIPPA said:

The main was Davey Richards/Matt Sydal/Rocky Romero/Roderick Strong vs. Austin Aries/Delirious/Erick Stevens/Matt Cross in a street fight.

I would have been halfway down the 95 turnpike by the time that ended

I wish I was half way home by the time that ended, but I stayed the whole thing, sadly.

But that Albright/Morishima match was outstanding.

24 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

I don't know whether to be happy or pissed.  Now the ROH twitter is saying that its only part of the top prospect tournament this Saturday.  I thought we were going to get the whole tournament.  Hopefully ROH does something to surprise everyone. Maybe the Hardy's show up to push the match with the Bucks?

Not sure I want to see the whole tournament in one night. Means seeing two of the guys three times each which (for most of the crowd at least) may be overkill/heat-draining. Just my opinion though.

On 2/8/2017 at 8:58 AM, RIPPA said:

Yeah - Albright has retired

It appears that the Insurance place he is the President of really took off so he does that for his full time gig now

It's always good to hear when somebody can get out with their health. Albright's only 38, so hopefully he has a long, happy life ahead of him.

I was a huge Albright fan. I was probably the only person that owned Albright's Gun for Hire shirt. I could watch him Awesome bomb Shane Hagadorn through a table all day and never get tired of it.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

The Hammerstein Ballroom is such a beautiful looking place. My favorite wrestling venue.

Here's Brent Albright vs Adam Pearce for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship at the Hammerstein 

I'm in agreement with you about the Hammerstein. Great venue for concerts as well. ROH during Gabe's time holds such a special place for me, much like ECW did for its regular attendees. I loved ECW as well, but I was still kind of young and couldn't get to their shows as easily as I did ROH later on.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ace said:

According to MLS and Court Bauer, Sullivan is out of ROH.

Yeah, Bauer actually unloaded on the last show and mentioned that Joe Koff and Delirious have a "father son relationship," so Delirious is going to book as long as he wants to or at least as long as Koff is there.  He also said Delirious did away with Sullivan because he was paranoid that Sullivan might threaten his spot (LOL Sullivan is 70 he doesn't want that shit).  if those two sentences sound counter to each other, congrats, you're not a paranoid, insecure doofus.

Also, Sullivan gave good advice and mentoring and was well liked by everybody, and Delirious didn't like that either.  My God, ROH is really a shitshow right now.

2 hours ago, Sublime said:

Who knew Lizard-people would be so irrational.

'specially lizard people who reportedly smoke a lot of weed.

When Pearce left, I thought giving Hunter/Delirious a turn with the book was a good idea worth a try.

I was wrong.

14 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Was Albright the guy WWE brought in to be Benoit's student or whatever? Gunner, I think he was called. Could be wrong. 

Yes... and then the agents gave him shit for just ripping off Benoit in his matches IIRC. WWE logic 101 there. He had a great great feud with Punk in OVW so I always assumed it was him who hooked Albright up with the ROH gig