DVDVR Message Board

2017 ROH DISCUSSION THREAD

Boy, they're not telegraphing this Christopher Daniels winning the Decade of Excellence tourney at all, are they?! *winkwink* Adam Cole coming out and saying how he's going to destroy Dalton Castle, then either Jay Lethal or Brisco and when asked about Daniels he says "Come on, no one really thinks he's going to win, do they?!"  They made it as obvious as can be.

I was surprised how much I liked Marty Scurll vs Juice Robinson.  Haven't seen any of Juice in NJPW but he was kind of a channel-changer in the ring in NXT (Though I loved his evil hippie character and palm strike finisher) but he was pretty game here.  Still think Scurll does way too much schtick to call himself a "villain" but whatever...

Jay Brisco needs to shave his head again.  Adam Cole making fun of his hair on commentary made me laugh pretty hard.

Oh yeah, happy to see the Tempura Boys get a title shot, they've come a long way in the last year or so (They were all over the place in CMLL last year, including some groan-inducing botches and some fun double-teams).  I think the name needs to go, but nobody wants to invest much time/gimmick in them knowing they'll just get repackaged when they get back to NJPW anyways.

Hell, I can't even really tell if Juice Robinson is a face or heel in NJPW, but he has got the whole babyface fist-pumping ring entrance down to a science. I would love, for some reason, to see him and Bo Dallas as a greasy, long-haired, fist-pumping, jacket-wearing, big-smiling classic 1980s tribute tag team. The Hot Bodied Rock Guys or some such.

Otherwise, though, he's kinda the definition of "not much."

Kevin Kelly, who has served as the voice of Ring of Honor since 2010, departed the company this week, PWInsider.com has confirmed. 

Kelly had taken a full-time job with the company in their office last year, juggling his announcing duties with logistical duties that were meant to ease the pressures on ROH booker Hunter Johnston.  At the time Kelly took the full time job, he had told PWInsider.com that he was there to work as a liaison between the wrestlers and the office to insure better communications and to help spearhead projects that ROH needed to work on, such as a streaming service and an updated website. 

So in the span of about a month they have lost there primary voice (Kelly), one of their secondary voices (Nigel), and nobody really knows if Steve Corino is with the company anymore

Yeah big trouble 

How would Corino be a trainer with WWE and do ROH commentary?

How many people have left ROH the past 6 months or so? Seems like a lot. The company just screams mediocrity and complacency, so I can't really blame them. I don't think it would be that hard to upgrade on Kevin Kelly, though I'm admittedly not a fan of his work.

• Like 1

RoH will be in B'More at the William J. Myers Pavilion the weekend after Supercard of Honor (April 8th).

No announcements on the card yet.

Bell time is 2PM.  Nice to get an afternoon show for a change so you don't have to fight nighttime traffic on the way home.

7 minutes ago, J.T. said:

RoH will be in B'More at the William J. Myers Pavilion the weekend after Supercard of Honor (April 8th).

No announcements on the card yet.

Bell time is 2PM.  Nice to get an afternoon show for a change so you don't have to fight nighttime traffic on the way home.

My solution was to leave after the 1 match i wanted to see, which was nicely the first match on the show. I was home in time to watch the start of whatever game of the world series was played later that night.