DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

On 1/19/2017 at 1:24 PM, SirFozzie said:

The Seachickens could lose a second round draft pick for hiding Richard Sherman's Injury status for half the year:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18510694/seattle-seahawks-lose-2nd-round-pick-failing-disclose-richard-sherman-knee-injury

And they've already lost their 5th round pick in this year's draft before the 2016 season started (offseason workout violations). I'm betting they trade away Jimmy Graham to try and recoup a couple of their lost picks. They don't use him right anyway, he's in the last year of his deal and I doubt they'll want to pony up the money he'll want to stay. 

3 minutes ago, Tabe said:

They're supposedly looking at hiring PeyPey. 

His pitch to potential FA signings: "Sign with us and get all the Pappa John's you can eat! And yes that includes the desert pies!".

I got a technical for hanging on the rim and kicking the ref in the face, but it was worth it for this free Papa John's pizza. I use the boxes to make forts. The pizza goes to stray animals who tend to ignore it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tabe said:

They're supposedly looking at hiring PeyPey. 

I picture him sitting in his office, staring at a massive pile of contracts and other legal documents and singing to himself "I am un-der-qua-li-fied" before he tries to get some Onstar rep to do it for him. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

I picture him sitting in his office, staring at a massive pile of contracts and other legal documents and singing to himself "I am un-der-qua-li-fied" before he tries to get some Onstar rep to do it for him. 

But he has that Tennessee education as a solid foundation (wait, why are you guys laughing?).

• Like 5

We have hit peak comical Pro Bowl replacement time

Trevor Siemian was named a Pro Bowl replacement but had to turn it down because he is hurt (well and sucks but the hurt is the official reason)

Now to his credit - Siemian himself said he thinks he was asked because he is already in Orlando.

Keep telling me Pro Bowls should be used to measure Hall of Fame worth

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

We have hit peak comical Pro Bowl replacement time

Trevor Siemian was named a Pro Bowl replacement but had to turn it down because he is hurt (well and sucks but the hurt is the official reason)

Now to his credit - Siemian himself said he thinks he was asked because he is already in Orlando.

Keep telling me Pro Bowls should be used to measure Hall of Fame worth

Yea a total of seven Bills have been invited. Can we stop pretending the Pro Bowl means something? By 'we' I mean the NFL, I know the fans and players stopped caring years ago.

They should just forget the game and bring back that QB skills competition they used to do in the off-season.

Though I just looked it up and apparently they kept it going until 2007. I just assumed it was something they did for a few years in the early 90s. It's not too late for Josh McCown to defend his crown!

Well they are having something called the Pro Bowl Skills Challenge(not sure if its an annual event or not; I dont recall hearing about it), and I expect at least one serious injury. Remember that year where there was a beach football game that essentially ended Robert Edwards career?