DVDVR Message Board

NXT JANUARY 2017 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

58 minutes ago, Craig H said:

What was Ryan Ward's background anyway? He's the best guy in creative since Chris Kreski.

Nothing special - he did a lot of behind the scenes things for various places as he was learning (specifically Raycom)

He was basically was a wrestling fan who was good at media

Interesting little blurb from Meltzer - take it for what it is worth

While this can all change, the Terry Taylor class at the Performance Center, which is the one to groom people who will be are being considered right now for somewhat imminent main roster spots are Nakamura, Almas, Alexander Wolfe, TM 61, Itami, Ciampa, Gargano, Hero, Samson and Dillinger. The next group down, meaning right now not imminent but they are the ones who would move up when those in the top group go to the main roster would be Tino Sabbatelli, Riddick Moss, Damo, Authors of Pain, Tommy End, Roderick Strong, Dan Matha (who is 6-7 and a bodybuilder but has hardly worked in developmental), Oney Lorcan, Wesley Blake, Buddy Murphy, Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder. Bobby Roode doesn’t train at the Performance Center as his deal is different, nor does Eric Young, Samoa Joe and I believe Austin Aries so they wouldn’t be in get-ready classes

• Like 1

It's interesting that The Revival aren't in the top class right now they're ready for the main roster and have no where to really go in NXT, it's odd that they're in the second class while TM61 are in the top class since they have much that they could do in NXT still. And I guess we can assume that Sanity will be coming up within the next year also, idk any other reason for Wolfe to be in the top class right now.

Well due to injury - there could be a shakeup in those classes

(I brought it up in the spoilers and once the surgery happens - I will talk about it freely here)

It almost seems like the Revival are being cooled down a little after their tweet about not debuting in a "stupid gauntlet" or something like that.  It sounds/is dumb, but Dawson issued an apology afterwards, and the talk about them coming up soon seems to have died down.

13 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

It almost seems like the Revival are being cooled down a little after their tweet about not debuting in a "stupid gauntlet" or something like that.  It sounds/is dumb, but Dawson issued an apology afterwards, and the talk about them coming up soon seems to have died down.

It's amazing how petty people can be about stuff like this.  It's beyond maddening, to say the least.  Though if they debut in the summer I'd be okay with waiting a little bit.  Past that and it's all kinds of "Just call them up already!"

That's a pretty interesting group, although I wonder what the time frame for "imminent" is. I thought they'd at least keep Hero and Nak around long enough to headline Orlando.

It's a bit surprising the Revival aren't first wave this year, but they'd likely be lost in the shuffle on either show. I'd be down for a face turn and them going after the AoP, though.

Jesus Christ, they actually signed Rosie Lottalove.  

I guess we should set up a betting pool on how long it'll take her to accidentally cripple Blue Pants with her sloppy work.

Might as well sign Mickie Knucles too, while you're  at it.

WTF is Vince's obsession with morbidly obese  "monster" divas?

Bertha Faye, Kharma...

Dump Matsumoto and Aja Kong were the exceptions, not the rule.

4 hours ago, Ace said:

Yeah, she doesn't look like that anymore. Here's a Before and After.

hqdefault.jpg

Here she is as Andrea.

Andr%C3%A9a.png

CMyiknuVAAAVjXj.jpg

She had a cup of coffee with NXT awhile back and her look was leagues ahead of most of the gals in NXT. If anything, I think her costume influenced Jax's later costumes.

There was another update yesterday and I can't find it now - where a bunch of guys in NXT are reworking their gimmicks and it seemed most of them where in that 2nd Class.

2 hours ago, Buy Me a Burrito said:

It's weird that TM61 are in the Master Class while Blake and Murphy are in the one below that. 

Mainly because the only team on the roster more boring than Blake and Murphy are TM61. 

I'm high on Thorn who is ridiculously charismatic and reacts to everything that happens but the other guy is coma-inducing. He hits his stuff cleanly enough and has spots and to some degree works as contrast but that's about it.

Okay  - I guess I need to say this out in the open now

Shane Thorn blew out his knee during the tapings, was having surgery yesterday and is out several months

Damn that sucks. Based on their match at Takeover:Toronto I was kind of looking forward to a TM61/AoP title feud once AoP win the titles and send Gargano and/or Ciampa to 205Live. (Though I think Ciampa could have legs in the upper card of NXT before he goes up).

58 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

There was another update yesterday and I can't find it now - where a bunch of guys in NXT are reworking their gimmicks and it seemed most of them where in that 2nd Class.

Here we go - from the WON too

They are looking for new gimmicks for TM 61 (although with Thorne injured there is no rush for this), Blake, Murphy, Steve Cutler, Aliyah, Moss, Sabbatelli and Matha, which is a good sign in the sense they see something in them, just not as they are right now

16 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

No, but him and Hero can form a team with a gimmick of "guys who should be wrestling in shirts."

Tommy Dreamer weeps.

And then goes on planning the next HoH show.