DVDVR Message Board

2017 WHATEVER THE HELL USED TO BE TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

2 hours ago, Thibs said:

Speaking of billy, those videos on Tim Storm are awesome.

Corgan and Lagana have made Tim Storm and the NWA Championship look more important in 3 weeks then Tharpe and the old guard did in the past year. I guess the mentality is that the Champion should look important to make Aldos winning the Championship look like a big deal.

Regarding Jeff Jarrett, his official departure from Impact announced today had nothing to do with what happened over the weekend as we had heard late last week that the decision was being made and was more or less final and about to be announced. 

What happened was Jarrett was to work shows in Calgary and Edmonton this weekend for Real Canadian Wrestling (we had mistakenly called it River City Wrestling yesterday as our first report just came in as RCW). He showed up in Calgary, in no condition to perform although he did do a match and it was said to be similar to his performance at TripleMania. The promoter said he didn't know Jarrett was in such bad shape until the match started but others there said that couldn't be the case because it was clear backstage. He told the promotion that he was held at customs and was told he had to return the next morning and would have to miss Edmonton. The promotion later found out that Jarrett rebooked his flight from Sunday morning to Saturday morning and left before the Saturday night show in Edmonton. The promotion said that Jarrett boarded a plane and left the country on his own accord Sunday morning and later said Jarrett "chose to leave the country due to his own issues."

http://www.f4wonline.com/daily-updates/daily-update-raw-tonight-roman-reigns-jeff-jarrett-244966

On the radio show - Meltzer said the promotion called customs because they thought it would be odd that they would make Jarrett leave early and customs said they had no idea what the fuck they were talking about.

Dave said he is "officially worried about Jeff"

We will never know the full truth because that promoter, while not "amateur" as Jarrett refers to him, is a top-tier bullshitter. I worked one show for him (and have friends that work/have worked for him), and RCW is always a disorganized mess where nobody gets paid what they were promised, inmates run the asylum, and volunteers and ring crew get treated like shit by anyone that feels like strutting around like a BMOC. Sad.

1 hour ago, Marty Sugar said:

We will never know the full truth because that promoter, while not "amateur" as Jarrett refers to him, is a top-tier bullshitter. I worked one show for him (and have friends that work/have worked for him), and RCW is always a disorganized mess where nobody gets paid what they were promised, inmates run the asylum, and volunteers and ring crew get treated like shit by anyone that feels like strutting around like a BMOC. Sad.

Still, Jarrett’s wrestling shitfaced on video. Don’t think anything else is really relavent. 

38 minutes ago, Thibs said:

Still, Jarrett’s wrestling shitfaced on video. Don’t think anything else is really relavent. 

TBH, lots of guys wrestle under the influence of something on the indies. Mostly just beer or weed. It's up to the promoter to put their foot down and properly deal with it.

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I just skipped through that video but Jarrett almost falling while doing the strut was pretty fucking funny

When part of your taunting schtick is walking a straight line, don't wrestle while intoxicated.  Can you imagine if his taunt was touching his nose with his index finger?  Or his promo started, "Z, y, x, w ..."?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

TBH, lots of guys wrestle under the influence of something on the indies. Mostly just beer or weed. It's up to the promoter to put their foot down and properly deal with it.

I mean, he didn't look THAT hammered. He wasn't Scott Hall or Jake Roberts peak drunk slurring words at the start of the video during the promo. As the match went on, he ran out steam/beer.

On a side note how is it The Miz has been doing The Skull Crushing Finale for years now and it was only until I watched this video that I remembered it's The Stroke?

4 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

I mean, he didn't look THAT hammered. He wasn't Scott Hall or Jake Roberts peak drunk slurring words at the start of the video during the promo. As the match went on, he ran out steam/beer.

On a side note how is it The Miz has been doing The Skull Crushing Finale for years now and it was only until I watched this video that I remembered it's The Stroke?

I remember when it was Dennis Condrey’s Dreambuster. 

The Stroke is a reverse Side Russian Legsweep. The Skull Crushing Finale is a Full Nelson  facebuster. If anything, the Stroke is closer to Dirty Deeds v1/ the 1%er than the Skull Crushing Finale.

13 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

Am I the only one that gets really annoyed every time Miz fails to actually even come close to locking in a full nelson when he hits his move? Especially since it is every time he hits it.

It is safer as a half-full nelson, which is the WWE way. Look at how the Pedigree has evolved over the years, as well.

35 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

Am I the only one that gets really annoyed every time Miz fails to actually even come close to locking in a full nelson when he hits his move? Especially since it is every time he hits it.

Well, Miz is a pretty crappy wrestler.