DVDVR Message Board

2017 WHATEVER THE HELL USED TO BE TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

Davey tweeted a photo showing that he got his certification to be a flight medic

So when he does continue to wrestle - I could totally see Anthem being all WE DO NEED A MEDICAL STAFF! DAVEY WILL HANDLE IT ALL!!!

As fun at it is to hate on Davey's movez, it's good to see that he has his head screwed on straight.

I think Angelina Love would much prefer to be the wife of Dr. Wesley Richards, MD.

It will be awesome if Davey is the one that sets up everyone working for Anthem with medical insurance from Anthem.

• Like 1

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2017/07/26/ed-nordholm-broken-matt-hardy-global-force-wrestling

The first question...

SI: Given the recent negative publicity toward GFW/Impact, most notably an indefinite suspension of your world champion, would Anthem be best served by coming to terms with the Hardys over the Broken Universe intellectual property?

Nordholm: No. I don’t see how they’re related at all.

How is this journalism?

So much ridiculousness.

Remember when Jeff was the crazy one?  Seems like such a long time ago.

Ed Nordholm is the Executive Vice President of Anthem Sports & Entertainment, as well as the president of Global Force Wrestling/Impact. He is also currently in control of the “Broken Universe” intellectual property. Sports Illustrated spoke with Nordholm for more clarity on Anthem’s interest in the intellectual property, whether WWE is interested in acquiring the property, and if there are any on-going negotiations between the Hardys and Anthem.

SI: Given the recent negative publicity toward GFW/Impact, most notably an indefinite suspension of your world champion, would Anthem be best served by coming to terms with the Hardys over the Broken Universe intellectual property?

IKEA® Back to College
Send Them Off w/The Essentials From IKEA
Shop Affordable College Ideas From IKEA 
Send Them Off w/The Essentials From IKEA image
SHOP NOW!
Shop Affordable College Ideas From IKEA image
SHOP NOW!
Powered by Swoop

Nordholm: No. I don’t see how they’re related at all.

• Inside the legal battle for the 'Broken' Matt Hardy gimmick

SI: Anthem sent a cease and desist order to Matt Hardy, preventing him from using the “Broken” trademark in every way, including name, character, costume, the “Brother Nero” name and persona for Jeff Hardy, the Vanguard I drone, the Senor Benjamin character (though the man playing Senor Benjamin never signed a release or a contract), the “Delete” salute, as well as even “Broken” Twitter handles. Why do you believe Anthem is correct in its assertion that it owns these trademarks?

That first question is absolutely awesome. As was the entire interview and Nordholm's responses.

"Del Rio got suspended for something he was then cleared of...so don't you think it would be a good idea to give up your IP to the Hardys?"

Seriously-- the ship has sailed and Matt and Jeff need to pack it in. They've already erased any goodwill they may have had and they're not winning this thing in court. And if they think they can, they should move forward with legal proceedings and keep their mouth shut. 

He is also currently in control of the “Broken Universe” intellectual property.

This fantastic pissing-contest sentence totally made me think of some proper outlandish cartoon villainy

RJqFei.gif

The whole issue remains completely absurd to me. If I was the Hardy's I'd have just started using it and seen what happened as a result, I have no belief that Anthem's claim would hold up at all

• Like 3

21 hours ago, J.T. said:

As fun at it is to hate on Davey's movez, it's good to see that he has his head screwed on straight.

I think Angelina Love would much prefer to be the wife of Dr. Wesley Richards, MD.

Oddly enough his Twitter bio says 'single father' so... #drama

3 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

This fantastic pissing-contest sentence totally made me think of some proper outlandish cartoon villainy

RJqFei.gif

The whole issue remains completely absurd to me. If I was the Hardy's I'd have just started using it and seen what happened as a result, I have no belief that Anthem's claim would hold up at all

Unless the contracts they signed aren't legit, I don't know how it wouldn't..

5 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Oddly enough his Twitter bio says 'single father' so... #drama

Davey apparently filed for divorce in February. Went through in April.

44 minutes ago, caley said:

But taped episodes in March - was it? - where he tagged with and made out with Love on camera?!

I guess they were told to stay together on TV and do their thing.  But that must have been awkward as fuck for them.  Do feel bad for the kid though.

Wow.  That's a quick turnaround on divorce.  Time frames for filing to finalization may vary state to state, I guess, but they hadn't been married for long at all.

On 27/07/2017 at 4:57 PM, caley said:

But taped episodes in March - was it? - where he tagged with and made out with Love on camera?!

Weren't Savage and Liz divorced IRL for most of their on-screen Marriage?

Today (July 31st) you can get $10 off the $25 tickets for the house show this Saturday at Richmond County Bank Ballpark in Staten Island (so your tickets will be $15 plus fees). Use code ONEDAY when ordering.

Got my tixs for $15 each with no fees because I am a SIY plan holder. Basically a glorified local indie show and $15 is the going rate for those so for that price it's worth it.

On 27/07/2017 at 5:43 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

I guess they were told to stay together on TV and do their thing.  But that must have been awkward as fuck for them.  Do feel bad for the kid though.

Come on guys, this is Davey Richards, there's no way his divorce was going to be straightforward.

If anyone can do something quicker, yet somehow more convoluted then he's your man!

• Like 1

Because the cards on the two house shows this weekend aren't weak enough they pulled Eddie Edwards to sell what happened on this week's TV. It's not like the TV was taped well in advance and they could've not announced him on the card in the first place or anything (in the main event no less).

So from the looks of Twitter there first house show back drew maybe 250 people being generous.   And since they are running in a minor league park tonight I assume the pictures will be even more depressing.   But Jarrett should be used to them by now

4 hours ago, hammerva said:

So from the looks of Twitter there first house show back drew maybe 250 people being generous.   And since they are running in a minor league park tonight I assume the pictures will be even more depressing.   But Jarrett should be used to them by now

About 300 here at bell time. In a 7,000 seat stadium. Yeah.