DVDVR Message Board

2017 WHATEVER THE HELL USED TO BE TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

Big Dave suggested DeAngelo was just a one off. :(

He also called it the greatest first match ever... so yeah...

For a greenhorn, DeAngelo screwed up a lot less then most of the other guys in the ring with him in that match. What the fuck was Eli Drake attempting to do off the top rope? You're a heel, leave the pretty shit for: a) a babyface; and b) someone who fucking knows what they're doing.

32 minutes ago, Thibs said:

Aries got released. Can't wait for him to show up on GFWIMPACTTNAWRESTLING so everyone can call him a WWE castoff.

He's not a castoff and anyone calling him such is pretty dumb. He can still go, so if he does return to Impact, it's a smart move for Jarrett & co.

• Like 1

By monitoring they mean praying that it goes away quickly. 

The only thing I can remember close to this was when MVP had some kind of outside the ring issue immediately after a long taping.  Not only did they pull all stuff MVP from the tapings but everything involving his group (one of the main reason Kenny King left) and their opponents. Lots of PPV replays if I remember.   of course the major difference is that MVP was a nothing mid carder while Del Rio is the champion so they are really screwed if serious

8 minutes ago, hammerva said:

By monitoring they mean praying that it goes away quickly. 

The only thing I can remember close to this was when MVP had some kind of outside the ring issue immediately after a long taping.  Not only did they pull all stuff MVP from the tapings but everything involving his group (one of the main reason Kenny King left) and their opponents. Lots of PPV replays if I remember.   of course the major difference is that MVP was a nothing mid carder while Del Rio is the champion so they are really screwed if serious

That was actually Hernandez.

8 minutes ago, hammerva said:

The outside the ring thing was they put Hernandez in the faction when he was under contract to Lucha Underground

2 hours ago, Thibs said:

Paige posted on twitter that it was an argument with a different female who apparently threw a drink at AEP. Paige and AEP then got the cops involved. According to her. 

TMZ (Via Pro Wrestling Sheet) got the audio of the altercation and yeah... Paige is full of shit

• Like 1

On 7/10/2017 at 2:56 PM, RIPPA said:

The released a statement saying they are "monitoring" the situation

And according to Observer he has been suspended.  So unless they find an indie show where Del Rio gets pinned by a current TNA guy, your champion will be off the air for about 2 months.  

Jarrett and/or Pritchard is probably kicking himself right now for only taping two months ahead.  They coulda taped six months in advance and had ADR on tv until next year.

It's been theorized that taping a couple months of tv at a time would eventually come back to bite them in the ass when a "live show" rolled around and they had a champion who was injured or in NXT.  Looks like that time may be now.

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

And according to Observer he has been suspended.  So unless they find an indie show where Del Rio actually showed up and gets pinned by a current TNA guy, your champion will be off the air for about 2 months.  

Fixed.

• Like 1

Yeah, Leonard said they're not editing the show.

I wonder how many house shows Del Rio will have to miss? Oh yeah, forgot.

Wonder what the response would be if they didn't have two months worth of TV in the can? Ah, wrestling, stay sleazy.

16 minutes ago, jstout said:

Yeah, Leonard said they're not editing the show.

I wonder how many house shows Del Rio will have to miss? Oh yeah, forgot.

Wonder what the response would be if they didn't have two months worth of TV in the can? Ah, wrestling, stay sleazy.

Yeah, i'm thinking GFW is hoping something happens in the next several weeks that they can "clear" Alberto - or at least sweep the issue under the rug - and have him at the next tapings.  'Cause you know a fall super-face run will go over great with fans after this.

I actually kinda want AEP at the next tapings doing a face champion gimmick just to hear Alvarez and Meltzer's reactions/rants.