DVDVR Message Board

2017 WHATEVER THE HELL USED TO BE TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

The best thing TNA could do is move those shows out of Florida, go somewhere where people MIGHT (I know that's a stretch) pay to see them. Sure, if you're gonna tape three months worth of shows in a week, why not make some money off of it. There's no reason they couldn't go back to Nashville or Memphis. Hell, base the company out of the Hardy Compound. I'm sure Matt would give them a good deal.

• Like 1

But WWE does want [the Hardys] and there’s huge merchandising potential for them with the gimmick in WWE.

Wait ... TNA does own the gimmick names of their performers, right? Wouldn't they also own the gimmicks themselves? I was about to say they can't possibly be so stupid as to let that slip, but ....

9 minutes ago, Dog said:

Wait ... TNA does own the gimmick names of their performers, right? Wouldn't they also own the gimmicks themselves? I was about to say they can't possibly be so stupid as to let that slip, but ....

Think about the bolded sentence for a bit, and remember you're talking about TNA.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dewar said:

What could they actually trademark? Matt, Jeff, Reby and Maxel are all using their real names. I guess they could trademark Senor Benjamin and Vangourd.

That's a good, greater question that we've never really seen tested. Could Undertaker have done more or less the same gimmick in WCW as "Dead Man Mark"? There must be some kind of standard of similarity for this sort of intellectual property dispute.