DVDVR Message Board

2017 WHATEVER THE HELL USED TO BE TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

7 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Just use rookies to set up the ring like, y'know, EVERY OTHER FUCKING INDY.

Jesus fuck, what an utter joke.

They're paying people to watch the show and begging for volunteers to set up the ring. They WISH they were as good as a fucking indy.

7 hours ago, hammerva said:

Who are the rookies for this company?  The closest thing they have to a developmental is Scott D'Amore indie.  Not sure where in Canada they are compared to Ottawa.   They just introduced this 'Global Forged' which is basically Tough Enough so I guess they could do it .  I can only think of maybe 4 jobbers in this company

Several of those guys in Global Forged are Storm Grads and Lance clearly doesn't ever teach his kids how to set up or tear down a ring because most of them strut around thinking they're too good for that shit...until you yell at them.

You know, I really didn't think things would get worse post- Dixie. I really thought that maybe the new ownership would help change my feelings for the promotion, which mainly was for it to die.

So if nothing else, at least in this regard TNA manages to still surprise me.

9 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Who knew that Jarrett was the lesser of all the evils. If only Corgan had just been able to buy it, he seems to 'get it' better than the last few options.

Oh my god, especially when you watch these NWA videos. Holy shit. I didn't watch all of Billy's...err...William Patrick Corgan's time in TNA, but what I saw was good and that's not including the Broken stuff. It just sucks knowing what kind of talent that TNA had, what they had in Corgan, dumb fucking Dixie pissed it away, and the new ownership now owns TNA because...Do we know why? It appears that they bought it to show that things could get worse after Dixie. There's been some positives, I'll give them that. The stuff with Dan Lambert is great. I weirdly have a soft spot for LAX. I like Eli Drake. EC3 is still EC3.

On the other hand, Mundo/Impact does nothing for me. I never was a fan when he was in WWE, I thought everyone around him in LU was WAY better than him, and he's just another former WWE dude that gets overpushed. Patron sucks. The overbooking is complete shit. And then you see the stuff with them hiring people to be their audience while looking for volunteers to setup the ring and it's the saddest shit. 

3 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

Several of those guys in Global Forged are Storm Grads and Lance clearly doesn't ever teach his kids how to set up or tear down a ring because most of them strut around thinking they're too good for that shit...until you yell at them.

You just HAD to indirectly remind me of CJ Strongheart, didn't you.

(nobody will get this except Marty and me)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

Is TNA carny enough to pay people to come to the building, but not allow outside food and to make the people eat Impact Pizzas and marked up beverages?

Indie pro wrassslin' shows live and die by concession stand sales, man, just like drive-in movie theaters.

That's not being carny; that's a good business model.

LAW had to die for this shit??? They are paying people to show up for their shows and still wonder why they are drowning in red ink. That's not how it works, that's not how any of this works.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

All they had to do was charge at minimum $5 and they'd have been fine.  Instead they're paying that much to fill the place with however many people?  This fucking company deserves to die a thousand deaths.  And for that matter Anthem hopefully will take an epic hit for this due to this stupid idea.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

You just HAD to indirectly remind me of CJ Strongheart, didn't you.

(nobody will get this except Marty and me)

I used to have saved on my old hard drive the pic of CJ after his first MMA fight: the one with his face just battered to shit. Loved it. What a colossal tool.

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

All they had to do was charge at minimum $5 and they'd have been fine.  Instead they're paying that much to fill the place with however many people?  This fucking company deserves to die a thousand deaths.  And for that matter Anthem hopefully will take an epic hit for this due to this stupid idea.

Hell, just making it free admission would've made more financial sense than paying people to come. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

I used to have saved on my old hard drive the pic of CJ after his first MMA fight: the one with his face just battered to shit. Loved it. What a colossal tool.

You guys can't just come in here with this stuff and not tell us some stories.  We were talking about pizza for like two days straight, we need this.