DVDVR Message Board

2017 WHATEVER THE HELL USED TO BE TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

Ok...So was D-Will really as good as Meltzer and Alvarez said he was? They were gushing with praise for the guy and now I'm wondering if I should go out of my way to see that tag match. 

Also, maybe I missed it, but I didn't hear either of them mention that D-Will can't go full on with wrestling yet. It always amuses me how far in the bubble those two are. 

Granted they were only highlights but DeAngelo looks about as good as someone with maybe 2 months of training could.   He wasn't doing real basics headlock and arm drag only stuff.    I would say he was at the same level as a Kevin Greene or Lawrence Taylor was in their first match.  

If he was serious (which as a Steelers fan I fucking hope not) and went full time with it I could see him be on the level of Moose in 3 years.   Only issue would be that he is smaller than the stereotypical NFL to wrestling guy

Well he still wants to play in the NFL - that is the big reason he can't go full time with wrestling

Plus he isn't going to do it unless he is paid like he has been and he isn't getting that type of money from TNA

Bobby Lashley was interviewed for Inside Edition today, talking about Trump and that Mania match. He was referred to as now being part of Impact Wrestling. Not GFW.  So if Impact is good enough for Deborah Norville and company, it's a good enough brand name for this thread.

I wonder if their newsroom sat around asking each other why so many fans want to F That Owl.

5 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Is this serious?  Because that's hilarious.

Leonard is Jarrett's middle name, which I've read here and elsewhese, he dislikes very much. I don't think the owl actually has a name.

29 minutes ago, nate said:

Did they ever name the owl?

Orwell.

Oh wait, that's the Owl on the other show on POP TV, Big Brother After Dark. 

I think Jessie Godderz has been on both, so it's close enough.

23 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Leonard is Jarrett's middle name, which I've read here and elsewhese, he dislikes very much. I don't think the owl actually has a name.

....yes, that's why I was wondering if it was actually the owl's name or not.  TNA named Abyss' bat after one of the Carters, I don't think it's above them to do it.

1 minute ago, Michael Sweetser said:

....yes, that's why I was wondering if it was actually the owl's name or not.  TNA named Abyss' bat after one of the Carters, I don't think it's above them to do it.

They could always name it Serge. If it's female, Dixie.

4 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

TNA named Abyss' bat after one of the Carters, I don't think it's above them to do it.

And his Branding Iron after the other. Somewhere there's a regional jobber with 101010 burnt into their flesh to this day.

This GFW rebrand is baffling.  And it's happening just as they start gaining a little positive coverage after the India tour and Slammiversary and today is even IMPACT Wrestling Day in Orlando.  Only thing a casual viewer of Impact would know about GFW is that it was Jeff Jarrett's wrestling promotion and they failed to invade TNA a couple of years ago.  Any harder core than that and they might know GFW ran like one show last year.  I get why Jarrett would want this but I don't get why the owl men are down.  GFW has no brand recognition, no brand equity, nothing.  'IMPACT Wrestling' as a brand name is fine.  All caps for style, no exclamation mark cause that's silly.  Using 'Global' instead of 'World' for the championships would be fine too.  IMPACT Wrestling Global Heavyweight Championship, IMPACT Wrestling Global Tag Team Championship, IMPACT Wrestling Global Knockouts Championship.  Maybe a side plate on the belts with the old TNA and GFW logos on it as a heritage marker but other than that just leave GFW behind.  And get rid of all that jank-ass neon green.

And more Scott Steiner in the "Broken Universe".

Open with an establishing shot of a suburban Atlanta home, middle of Summer.  Enter inside a den dimly lit by a burning fire.  Pan left, pan right, all across the room, there in the chair, cameraman zoom!  A close-up on eyes usually hidden by shades provides a glimpse of a man lost in a confused daze.  The calculations run swiftly throughout his mind, "Their odds were less than zero.  Victory should've been mine.  It's all Josh's fault.  The results are bogus.  It's more fake news like says the POTUS."  When suddenly in the doorway enters a curvy figure.  "Did I holler?  It ain't time for dinner!"  "You've got a visitor" said the stacked freak.  "I ain't seeing nobody, get rid of the geek.  And go fix my dinner.  No green beans, I hate those things.  Just steak, rare, I wanna see red.  And if anybody tries to set foot in here tell 'em they'll wind up dead."  The visitor did not leave but did not enter on foot, he floated in on propeller for it was Vanguard-One that drunken drone feller!  "The hell you want you stooge-ass bot?"  "I got news that's hella hot!  Take that globe of snow and shake it on up and in it I'll project my scene of the man known as the Dog-Faced Gremleen."  "Yeah, that's Rick, he's up in Canada buying land.  I told him that place sucks, it just ain't right.  Nothing but Tim Hortons everywhere not a Shoney's in sight.  This all you got?  This why you bothering me?"  "Chill, chill, keep watching, homie."  "Oh, shit, in the barn, it's that fatass Abyss and that demon Rosemary.  Quick robot, teleport me, we gotta help my brother!"  "Awww yeah, word to your mother."

• Like 4