DVDVR Message Board

2017 UK DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I guess running Norwich may or may not be a warning shot to Paige's family

As i said in the main thread, i was told they are running the building where The Knights run (might even own).

i cant see the company being antagonistic toward them while making/producing that movie. 

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

As i said in the main thread, i was told they are running the building where The Knights run (might even own).

i cant see the company being antagonistic toward them while making/producing that movie. 

Ugh, no:

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 3:31 PM, hammerva said:

Hopefully I can ask here in the UK thread but has anything been announced for the Progress Wrestling at Wrestlemania weekend?  they said that Dunne and Bate would be at the show and I thought I saw something about Shane Strickland being there but I don't see anything else like actual matches

Edited to add: Dunne and Haskins are representing Progress in a supershow vs. Evolve on that Sunday. They've now announced that Callihan, Haskins, South Pacific Power Trip and Toni Storm will be part of the Progress lineup Saturday.

9 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Own a building? They don't even own their own house!

On 3/11/2017 at 2:54 AM, AxB said:

Own a building? They don't even own their own house!

Have no idea about that, but this is a proper professional TV studio. The Knights rent it occasionally, nothing more. In fact, if they try to harrass other potential customers I would think the owners wouldn't be happy with them at all.

With this being a smallish TV studio (900-1500 according to setup is what I read) and them running consecutive days while their production guys are in country it seems most likely this is the first taping for the rumoured UK network show.

Yeah - catching up on the WON radio shows and Meltzer said on the show after the ROH PPV that it is indeed a taping for some sort of UK show

EDIT - and the reason they are doing that weekend is because all the production guys will already be over there since Raw and Smackdown are in the UK that week

Feel like I've said this every month this year, but last night's Fight Club Pro show was so fucking good. Really ended on a double-whammy of terrific bouts - Nixon Newell vs Chris Brookes was absolutely bonkers, both of them really held nothing back for their final match against each other. Both of them ended up taking the Welsh Destroyer onto tacks. Then the main event of Dunne/Bate/Seven vs Banks/Ospreay/Wolfgang was so good. Honestly can't put into words how bonkers it was, but after a fun Bate/Ospreay sequence, it became absolute chaos in the best possible way. Dunne winning with an ode to William Regal Power of the Punch was a lovely touch.

It was a wonderful show, though more WrestleHouse than Fight Club:PRO. I wonder if tonight will more pure?

If you're there tonight, i'm wearing a green MISAWA shirt - come say hi.

ITV and Impact Wrestling announced today officially that World of Sport will return to ITV with tapings at the Preston Guild Hall on May 25th and 26th.

The announcement was of a 10-episode series. ITV greenlit the series which would be largely funded by Anthem Entertainment, which would run the wrestling end, with Jeff Jarrett in charge of the wrestling.

They announced tickets would go on sale on April 7th at Gigsandtours.com, Ticketmaster.co.uk, and prestonguildhall.co.uk.

There will be a launch announcement on March 27th at 2 p.m. in Manchester where more details will be announced, including the roster, as well as a Q&A.

We had reported on this already in the Observer a few weeks ago, noting that the show would be airing at 5 p.m. on Saturdays and start in July. ITV has only committed to the ten shows as a trial.

The release featured photos of wrestlers with Grado, Davey Boy Smith Jr., and Dave Mastiff front and center. Rockstar Spud and Magnus from TNA are also part of the roster of the show.

While no deal has been closed, Jim Ross had been earmarked as the host of the show. Officially, only Alex Shane, who co-hosted the pilot with Ross that aired on December 31st, is an announcer. Grado will enter the tapings billed as the World of Sport champion based on the first episode.

http://www.f4wonline.com/other-wrestling/world-sport-returning-itv-initial-10-episode-series-232316

On 3/24/2017 at 9:29 AM, The Z said:

I don't like the idea of both WWE and Jeff Jarrett meddling with the UK scene, not one bit. My only hope is they won't sign anyone to contracts.

I hear Jarrett's just interested in pretend-hiring some people to pretend-mine his pretend-gold.

• Like 2

On 24.3.2017 at 2:29 PM, The Z said:

I don't like the idea of both WWE and Jeff Jarrett meddling with the UK scene, not one bit. My only hope is they won't sign anyone to contracts.

After reading this post again, it comes across a bit dickish. I should probably clarify a bit more.
Of course it's great that wrestlers are getting work and exposure, what I meant is I hope they don't sign exclusive contracts, that prevent them from working for other promotions.
One of the great things about the UK/Ireland scene was that there was relatively little politicking going on and all of that will probably change drastically with WoS and the rumor of PROGRESS and ICW on the WWE network.

The PROGRESS on WWE network thing has me especially worried. If this comes true, I expect everyone to be gone who's signed with rival promotions (Scurll, Ospreay, Sabre Jr., everyone who's with WOS), the music will definitely be gone and the thing that worries me the most is that they might have to keep it PG and wrestle WWE style. If that's the case, you might as well call it something else, because that's not PROGRESS anymore in my opinion.

From the desk of NXT General Manager William Regal:

Good morning. It's been brought to my attention that there were certain liberties taken by British Strong Style in the Progress Championship match between Mark Andrews and Pete Dunne last Sunday at the Progress fifth anniversary show. Now Trent Seven's conduct is an internal matter for Progress management to deal with, but as WWE UK Champion, Tyler Bate must realize that he represents the WWE UK brand wherever he performs.

Therefore, due to Tyler Bate's interference in Mark Andrews' Progress title match, I deem it only fair that Mark should get an opportunity at Tyler's WWE UK Championship. So, on Friday, March 31st at Progress: Orlando, for the first time in history, a WWE title will be defended on a Progress show, as I'm ruling that Tyler Bate vs. Mark Andrews is now a WWE UK Championship match, and the winner of that match will go on to represent the WWE UK brand as champion at Axxess and beyond.

Kind regards,

William Regal

• Like 1