DVDVR Message Board

2017 UK DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

London means PROGRESS, RevPro & Lucha Britannia, mostly. PROGRESS will have shows in Camden on June 25 & July 23, RevPro are in Marylebone on July 2, and Lucha Britannia in Bethnal Green on July 21. More may be added nearer the time - the possibility of a big RevPro show, British Empire Wrestling - but you can't go wrong with those 3.

So PROGRESS just announced Trent Seven and Mark Andrews for a match on Sunday and Pete Dunne was already announced for the main event and was never pulled.

So would it even be humanly be possible for them to be on NXT on Saturday and be back on time for PROGRESS on Sunday? I don't even know what's going on anymore.

So did anyone watch the Dominant Wrestling thing from last weekend? Because I'm watching it now, and they're doing a very long opening promo to set up a title match for later in the show. John Morrison, Rey jr., Drew Galloway, Magnus, PJ Black, Chris Masters, Moose... OK now there's some actual wrestling happening. Only took 10 minutes.

On 18.1.2017 at 9:00 PM, The Z said:

They announced more than that already. There's only one more missing actually.

1. Cody Rhodes
2. Paul London
3. Matt Riddle
4. David Starr
5. Tyler Bate
6. Robert Dreissker
7. Ilja Dragunov
8. "Bad Bones"John Klinger
9. ACH
10. Timothy Thatcher
11. Koji Kanemoto
12. Marius Al-Ani
13. Mike Bailey
14. Will be determined between Jody Fleisch and Pete Dunne in London on 1/28
15. Winner of the 16 Carat Gold League
16. TBA

I wish I could go. That looks really fun.

Donovan Dijak was just announced as the 16th entrant. Of course Fleisch/Dunne didn't happen and I expect Tyler Bate to be pulled, so there are still spots open.

On 01/02/2017 at 4:19 PM, Linus said:

I lasted 20 minutes. It was dogshit. The TV equivalent of those shows that come to your town that are just called WRESTLING. What a terrible waste.

You should have stuck with it, the Morrison vs Galloway semi-final was really good. Also, apparently Spike (UK) already picked it up for series, because they announced that they're going to run another tournament on the telly over the summer. And it's going to feature 128 entrants, and be the biggest tournament in Wrestling history.

a 128 participant tourney is a cool idea in concept but man is it almost guaranteed to be a messy clusterfuck, from finding the wrestlers, booking the tourney, and hoping no one gets injured or signed by another promotion before the end. Best of luck to them, like I said it's a cool idea but there is a lot that could hamper it.

On 2.2.2017 at 0:31 PM, The Z said:

Donovan Dijak was just announced as the 16th entrant. Of course Fleisch/Dunne didn't happen and I expect Tyler Bate to be pulled, so there are still spots open.

And there you have it. Tyler Bate was replaced with JT Dunn. Still one more name left to be announced.

So they just announced all the first round match-ups for 16 Carat Gold. Last announced wrestler was (Big Daddy) Walter:

- Robert Dreissker vs. Ilja Dragunov
- ACH vs. Mike Bailey
- Marius Al-Ani vs. JT Dunn
- Koji Kanemoto vs. Timothy Thatcher
- Cody Rhodes vs. Winner of the 16 Carat Gold League
- David Starr vs. WALTER
- Donovan Dijak vs. Matt Riddle
- Paul London vs. "Bad Bones" John Klinger

They also announced the participants of Ambition, a seperate shoot-style tournament that's happening on Saturday afternoon the same weekend as 16 Carat Gold:

WALTER, Timothy Thatcher, Matt Riddle, Marius Al-Ani, Bobby Gunns, David Starr, Mike Bailey and Jeff Cobb.

Just bought my ticket for the show - nothing to do with the Elite, but because tonight's Fight Club Pro show was terrific. For a show with only 2 matches announced before doors opened, they put on a great card with some top draw surprises (Andrew Everett match, the appearance of Mark Haskins in the main event) and both the main and the CCK/Nixon+KLR tag were outstanding. This was only my second FCP show, but I'm a total convert

Great, wasn't it? From the trainee math to the main event, just 100% top quality entertainment. Even the "lesser" quality wrestling match had Eddie Kingston running his mouth all over town. And I won the sweepstakes! Again! #LoveTheGraps

• Like 1

So PCW have basically said that none of the proceeds from their Kris Travis Memorial Show will go to charity or Trav's family. While they deserve credit for raising a lot of money in Trav's honour in the past, using his name to book promote a show where all money raised stays in house feels a bit shitty. Good to see on Twitter that Pete Dunne, Ryan Smile and Chris Ridgeway have all said they'll be donating their fee to Cavendish Cancer Care, Trav's local charity.

The WhatCulture World Cup (the 64 man tournament) will be shown entirely on Youtube with the 2 day live "Finals" streamed live on Youtube

The started announcing who was involved

The English round takes place in Nottingham on March 21st, with WCPW regulars Rampage, Zack Sabre Jr., Marty Scurll, Will Ospreay, and Martin Kirby joined by Zack Gibson, Jimmy Havoc, and ex-TNA star Nick 'Magnus' Aldis.

Two days later, the World Cup heads to Motherwell, Scotland, where Drew Galloway, Joe Coffey, Lewis Girvan, Kenny Williams, Joe Hendry, Mark Coffey, BT Gunn, and Liam Thomson will fight for a place in the final.

Rey Mysterio Jr., Alberto El Patron, Caristico, Penta El 0m, Rey Fenix, El Hijo del Dos Caras, Drago, and El Ligero will take part in the Mexican series in Coventry, England on April 30th.

The German qualifiers take place in Berlin on July 2nd, with Bad Bones, Axel Dieter Jr., Juvenile X, Crazy Sexy Mike, Cash Money Erkan, Lucky Kid, Tarkan Aslan, and Pascal Spalter involved.

Meltzer said there is slight issue with the guys from Mexico as some guys won't be allowed to work other guys (specific to just Mexico though)

He also said that it appears the WCPW isn't going to block guys from working World of Sport (if that happens)

The German field is pretty interesting. It's being held by GWF, undoubtedly the #2 promotion in Germany right now. I've posted some of their matches in the various Internet Matches threads in the past. Even though the German scene is much much smaller than the UK one, it seems to be a lot more political than the UK at times. Unlike the UK, where all the popular wrestlers work pretty much everywhere, in Germany the wXw guys work wXw, the GWF guys work GWF etc. So it's interesting that they have two very popular wXw wrestlers in Bad Bones and Axel Dieter Jr. in the field, who don't usually work GWF. In Juvenile X they also have one guy from NEW, Alex Wright's promotion.

Either way, I'm excited that this will shine a spotlight on a few wrestlers from over here, who are pretty much unknown internationally so far.

• Like 1