DVDVR Message Board

2017 UK DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

On 2/11/2017 at 1:52 PM, Sky Blue Sam said:

So PCW have basically said that none of the proceeds from their Kris Travis Memorial Show will go to charity or Trav's family. While they deserve credit for raising a lot of money in Trav's honour in the past, using his name to book promote a show where all money raised stays in house feels a bit shitty. Good to see on Twitter that Pete Dunne, Ryan Smile and Chris Ridgeway have all said they'll be donating their fee to Cavendish Cancer Care, Trav's local charity.

This is going to get lost in all the other wrestling news that comes out.  But this is a shitty and shameful promotional tactic if that's the case.  Even a portion of the money should be going to them.

They aren't the most high-profile of BritWres companies, but HOPE Wrestling's annual Kings of Flight tournament is coming up in Mansfield in April, and it's a great line-up so far - Matt Cross and Jigsaw as imports, and Tom Dawkins, Ryan Smile, Chris Tyler, Ashley Dunn and Mark Haskins all confirmed, with another 9 names to be announced. Should be a really good show.

Honestly wouldn't surprise me. It feels like there's two different promotions running under the same banner at times - one based in Nottinghamshire that books decent looking shows (this Friday's show has El Ligero vs Jack Jester and Ryan Smile vs Chris Ridgeway) and then one based in Milton Keynes that books a load of names I've not heard of that looks to be skinny teenagers or fat blokes in masks. 

7 minutes ago, Linus said:

Wait, what happened to DEAN~?

Outside of very little posting on the board - nothing

Or more accurately - the answer for all of us at one point or another... life is what happened

• Like 1

On 3/3/2017 at 0:15 PM, RIPPA said:

I'm really curious about this, since WWE sent a statement out to some dirtsheets and said Swagger hasn't been granted his release and when they do, he'll have a 90 day no compete clause blah blah blah.

Hopefully I can ask here in the UK thread but has anything been announced for the Progress Wrestling at Wrestlemania weekend?  they said that Dunne and Bate would be at the show and I thought I saw something about Shane Strickland being there but I don't see anything else like actual matches

Yeah, I think that's about all that's been announced so far. Unfortunately having an organized website isn't in vogue anymore with most Indy promotions. You have to scramble through hundreds of tweets to find the information you're looking for nowadays.

WWE comes to Norwich, England for the first time ever with WWE Presents: UK Championship Live from Epic Studios on Saturday, 6 May at 7 p.m., and Sunday, 7 May at 5 p.m.

Tickets go on sale today at 1 p.m. GMT at livenation.co.uk.

Fans will see inaugural WWE United Kingdom Champion Tyler Bate, plus Trent Seven, Pete Dunne, Mark Andrews, Wolfgang, Tyson T-Bone, Sam Gradwell, James Drake, Joseph Conners, Dan Moloney and Saxon Huxley. Also appearing will be Superstars from WWE's Cruiserweight division seen on 205 Live on WWE Network, including Rich Swann, Akira Tozawa, TJ Perkins, The Brian Kendrick and Tony Nese.*

"It’s exciting to come to Norwich for the very first time," said Paul "Triple H" Levesque, Executive Vice President, Talent, Live Events & Creative. "The passion of our fans in the UK makes every show an incredible, unforgettable experience."

You can talk about WWE Presents: UK Championship Live on Twitter using #WWEUKLive.

I guess running Norwich may or may not be a warning shot to Paige's family

4 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Are they doing a network special out of this? I'm not sure what the end game is. 

It appears it is just house shows - thus the theory that they are doing it just out of spite