DVDVR Message Board

RIP, George Michael

Gonzo

When I was a kid, I'd watch/listen to MTV for hours after school. While one reason this was tolerated was because my grades were always good, I know that another reason is that some of the music played was stuff my mom actually liked. On the top of list was, most likely, Mr. George Michael.  I legit don't know how to break this news to her.

As for how the news was broken to me, it was via this message:

14 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

RIP.  53-years old though?  Was he sick?

He had fought substance abuse most of his life. From the "heart failure" and "nothing suspicious", I have a feeling it's like when Eddie Guerrero died - the abuse his heart had taken over the years did him in.

Edited by JLSigman
fuck your past tense

• 3 weeks later...

From George's last album Symphonica, 

Some of my personal favorites by George:

George Michael was IMO and still is, very underrated as a vocalist & songwriter and it's sad when somebody passes, like with Prince & David Bowie most recently it makes you really respect & admire their artistry. I think George was somebody who could even gone on to bigger & better things because he had the talent to do so. I wouldn't say he would ever have replaced Freddie, but George & Queen would have been a really cool combination. R.I.P. George Michael 

• Like 1