DVDVR Message Board

DOCUMENTARIES

RIPPA

YES, thank you. I was having a brainfart at work. Harlan County, USA is a must-see. 

Weiner, Jiro Dreams of Sushi, the first two Decline of Western Civilizations... oh god no that sends me down the music doc rabbit hole... I might have to get in on this one. 

37 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

down the music doc rabbit hole...

Yeah, could nearly fill the ballot with music docs. I can get that a 100 ballot for docs might me way too ambitious, but 20 or 25 feels too short. Hopefully it ends up around 50.

Here are the documentaries that made my top 100 ballot and have not yet been mentioned in this thread:

The Arbor (was in my top 10.  If you value my opinion, please watch this before voting.  Story is elevated by the wildly original presentation)
The Final Member
Tickled
The Crash Reel
Kings of Pastry (I know this used to be on Netflix, might still be there)

and Into The Abyss got an honorable mention.

I promise to watch Hoop Dreams before I vote.

You don't have to go far to watch Tower.  It is on PBS's website and it is also on YouTube.

As much as I want to punch Michael Moore so hard that I break his nose and knock his baseball cap off of his head.  Sicko is a fucking fascinating movie.

23 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Will the Up movies be separate or one giant entry? 

There are going to be issues that we need to decide as a group

So many 30 for 30's to re-watch for this...

And speaking of which, when is the Andre one scheduled to come out?   Even without seeing it, I feel like if it's done remotely well that it would have a chance at a top 10 finish around these parts.

13 minutes ago, CSC said:

And speaking of which, when is the Andre one scheduled to come out?   Even without seeing it, I feel like if it's done remotely well that it would have a chance at a top 10 finish around these parts.

No release date was announced so most likely - no chance it is showing up