DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] RESULTS FROM OSAKA SHOW (Will Contain Spoilers)

hammerva

Well now we know why they were taping NXT shows in Japan. 

Spoiler

Shinsuke Nakamura is once again NXT Champion.

Nakamura defeated Samoa Joe to recapture the title at today's NXT house show at the Edion Arena in Osaka, Japan. Their rematch was announced on last week's episode of NXT TV after Joe had beaten Nakamura for the championship at NXT TakeOver: Toronto.

And the speculations who goes up to main roster gets even more confusing

NXT Live Osaka Results

Oney Lorcan defeated Andrade “Cien” Almas (the former La Sombra even came out in his mask for this one).

Billie Kay and Peyton Royce defeated Liv Morgan and Aliyah.

The Revival defeated Riddick Moss and Tino Sabbatelli.

Tye Dillinger defeated Elias Samson and Bobby Roode in a Triple Threat Match (he pinned Samson, not Roode).

After intermission NXT General Manager William Regal and Hideo Itami came out to speak to the crowd.

Asuka defeated Nia Jax to retain her NXT Women’s Title.

DIY (Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa) defeated Akira Tozawa and Tajiri to retain their NXT Tag Team Titles.

Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Samoa Joe to regain the NXT Title.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Also - it is virtually impossible to not have results from Osaka spoiled for you if you go anywhere on the internet.

Just saying...

Also if you put spoilers in the title, do you need to put the results inside a spoiler box? 

Well this makes Melbourne (the next taped show) even more confusing.

Feel like Joe might win it back but I would love, love, love to see Nakamura go over.

That said, seeing a title change hands live would be a first and kill the whole "title wont change hands at a house show" theory. NXT seem to have no issues with it.

4 more sleeps...

Personally, I think It's a lot easier to insert Joe onto the main roster than Nak. Joe's much more of a standard, traditional WWE sort of talent. Very much a known quantity. I could think of half a dozen things to do with him. I have no idea what they could even do with Nakamura that they'd actually do. 

On 12/3/2016 at 5:53 PM, The Z said:

Can we read into Ibushi not being used on the show, that they've finally given up on doing something with him?

On 12/3/2016 at 6:07 PM, Ace said:

Well. he won't sign an exclusive contract.

I think it was more because he was working the DDT show in the same building the following night and didn't want them to hemorrhage any more fans than they already had.

• 3 weeks later...

That Nia Jax vs Asuka match was really great. Best Jax match ever as she was just throwing those headbutts to counter Asuka's strikes. The crowd was going nuts for it that it doesn't surprise me that the main was pretty quiet. Tag title match was good too. Can't wait to see Tajiri next week on 205 live.

Nice to see Andrade bring the Sombra mask back and Tom was name dropping New Japan like crazy. Best NXT show in a while

• Like 1

DIY vs. Taijiri & Tozawa was good stuff. Glad they let it be a bit of a showcase for Tozawa. I thought Nia/Asuka went a pinch long for what was there, but it was good. I loved the opening and the various cutoff whenever Asuka tried to mount a comeback. Really wish Nia was still in NXT or on SDL.

Damn if Tozawa was fun to watch, even his rest holds are fun.

Really looking forward to Aliyah developing a character, she's pretty solid in ring.

Asuka/Nia Jax was sloppy and rough at times but it really played into Asuka struggling to overcome the monster Jax. Jax looked great. Surprisingly good match.