DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - WINTER 2017

Dolfan in NYC

14 minutes ago, Pete said:

They had the famous Cup win over then-First Division Coventry City back in 1989.

And Coventry actually had won it a few years earlier, thus ruining one of my favorite Monty Python bits.

7 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

And now they get the chance to topple Arsenal - at home

Which actually kind of sucks for them. You know they'd rather get the road tie for the gate percentage.

Full draw:

Burnley v Lincoln City
Fulham v Tottenham
Blackburn v Manchester United
Sutton United v Arsenal
Middlesbrough v Oxford
Wolves v Chelsea
Huddersfield v Manchester City
Millwall v Derby/Leicester

That's about as close to a perfect draw as you may ever see. Every match is a potential GIANT-KILLING. Boro/Burnley are the only top-flight sides playing at home, and that Huddersfield tie is giving me the scaries.

1 minute ago, sabremike said:

At least they'll get the TV money for the tie which should keep them afloat for awhile.

Supposedly looking at something like £500,000 so far, which they'd use for stadium upkeep and the like. Who knows what they'd get if they force a replay at Aresnal?

I forgot to post the following...For Christmas I was given a special Bradford City shirt. My name is printed on the front with those who ordered the shirt. Couldn't believe it.

tab.jpg

Bradford City played in the shirts yesterday. A 2-2 draw against Gillingham at Valley Parade.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Barca is getting dismantled at PSG. The French are up 4-0 in their home leg.

It's been a lot of fun to watch too.

Don't know how Dortmund hasn't scored in Lisbon. Missed penalty, a sitter, and some close chances. The ball has been in Benfica's final third seemingly the entire second half.

• Like 1

It's so weird for Arsenal got good away results at the Allianz Arena in the past and even when getting eliminated often looked good. Three conceeded goals in 10 minutes are never going to help your campaign. For what it's worth, the away goal means a better first leg result than Barca.;)

Nothing ever changes at Arsenal, until it does. If they finish 5th or 6th this year (which is absolutely possible) the talent exodus will be very interesting.