DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] For DECEMBER 7, 2016

RIPPA

*Any or all of this could be replaced by stuff taped overseas*

FROM WON

Pre-show --
- A Percy Watson video package was shown and he was then introduced as the third man at the announce desk.

- Tian Bing defeated Beautiful Blonde Blake in a quick warm up match.

TV tapings --
- DIY came out for their tag title celebration. They went into the crowd to celebrate with the fans. The Authors of Pain's music hit the moment DIY grabbed the mics. The Revival's music then came on, but they avoided AoP on the stage. They said they wanted another shot at the tag titles but AoP shoved them. Ellering and the big men backed away and The Revival slowly made their way to the back as well.

- SAnitY defeated No Way Jose & Rich Swann

Eric Young and Alexander Wolfe were the pair in action here. They got the heat on Swann before Jose took a hot tag to run wild. Swann did a backflip on to Wolfe on the outside. Big Damo then appeared from the crowd and hammered Jose who was then rolled in the ring and pinned. Damo threw down Fulton’s coat on the ramp after the match.

- Ember Moon defeated Kimber Lee

Moon hit the jumping top rope stunner for the win.

- Otis Dozovic & Tucker Knight defeated two enhancement talents

Heavy Machinery hit their big slam to get the victory.

FROM PWI

Dark match: Tian Bing def. Wesley Blake.

Corey Graves, Tom Phillips and Percy Watson are on commentary.

Week 1:

- DIY comes out and celebrates with the crowd. Before they can speak, The Authors of Pain interrupt them. Paul Ellering says the Authors are undefeated after the Dusty Cup. The Revival come out and say they're number 1 contenders. The Authors and The Revival go face to face, but The Authors push them out of the way. Ellering says the next chapter will read as the Authors of Pain as NXT Tag Team Champions. The Authors of Pain walk away 

- Sanity (Eric Young and Alexander Wolfe w/ Nikki Cross ) def . No Way Jose and Rich Swann after Big Damo interfered. Sawyer Fulton was not with Sanity.

- Ember Moon def. Kimber Lee.

-  Tucker Knight and Otis Dozovic  def. Brandon ? and Johnny Knockout.

- As noted above, Sawyer Fulton was not with Sanity tonight. Early on, Eric Young stomped on his jacket. As of the time I'm writing this report, I do not know what Fulton's status is.

I think they'll have to show the Joe/Nakamura rematch from Osaka on this episode. You can't start the No. 1 Contender's Tournament with this rematch still in the air and they already plugged the match several times on this week's episode.

Very weird about Fulton. He didn't look that bad or out of place in the group to me. I'm also not sure, if this is where I would have put Big Damo.

I'm hoping Tommy End gets the big Takeover debut with build-up vignettes and everything.

I've been thinking that maybe the decision had less to do with Fulton and more with Young or Damo? Maybe they really wanted Damo in the group, but thought that would be one guy too many, so decided to remove someone else? Or they were unhappy with Young being the male single's wrestler of the group and decided to "demote" him to the tag team, so someone else had to go?

When the sanity promos started, I recall Damo retweeting it.  I'm guessing he was originally supposed to be the heavy for the group.  was there a visa issue with him or something?  I'll also echo the sentiments that Fulton was looking good in the group segments with his interactions with Cross.  Maybe they'll turn this into an angle for him but given he seems to have fallen off the map doesn't seem promising.

I loved Asuka just leaving her belt sitting around as bait.

The Sanity stuff is weird. Damo would definitely be an upgrade over Sawyer Fulton, but the whole thing doesn't seem very well-planned. (Edit: Apparently Sawyer is injured, so that's the issue).

I thought Nak/Joe was really flat and uninspired. Hopefully that series is done after the tour.

Interesting field for the #1 contender's tourney. I guess Roode is the safe choice, with EY and Roddy as the dark horses.

Fulton being injured of course makes the most sense out of any explanation, I'm just surprised it wasn't known about sooner.
After seeing the whole thing play out on TV, it seems like we might get a storyline-explanation as well.

Yeah I love the idea of Nikki/Asuka because we know Nikki is insane and is a little maniac. So I could see her standing toe to toe with Asuka plus she has Sanity on the outside to grab feet and distract. 

Thought Joe/Nak was a bit of a let down def. not as good as their other matches but it felt like there was a great match that was trying to come out but just never found its way. Wonder if the travel and time changes had taken a bit of a toll on them to get up for a big match.

Nikki Cross is my favorite thing about NXT, right now. I just hope they give her a run with the NXT Women's championship. 

Wasn't familiar with Kimber Lee, but she's not bad. Sort of a slightly less attractive, less toned Emma. 

It kinda seemed like Joe/Nakamura might've blown the finish.  It looked like they were going for something off the Landslide but Nak couldn't hold him.  I thought maybe it was part of the story at first, but the way they kinda hurried to the finish after that, with Nak awkwardly clambering up the ropes, makes me think otherwise.

21 minutes ago, Ramsey said:

The Joe/Nak series definitely didn't set the world on fire quality wise. This was the best of the three and that's not saying much. 

There's still the cage match from Melbourne to come. 

If there's ever a topic or conversation of two great talents having disappointing matches it'd be these two.  I love them dearly and they are extremely talented.  And their styles indicate that this should lead to classic matches.  Yet while they've been at worst pretty good the expectation was too high for me to accept just a pretty good match.  I hope the cage match adds something to this but aside from that I'm good with this feud ending.

• Like 2