DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] DECEMBER 2016 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I completely forgot about this but the presale for NXT Takeover Orlando is going on right now for a couple hours.  They go on public sale tomorrow.   I don't know if lower level seats are still available as I got one in upper deck even for pre-sale.  

I was really impressed with how stacked the lineup was for the Las Vegas show. Three title matches (is that customary on NXT house shows?): Roode vs. Nakamura (very good; had a lot of Joe interference); Revival vs. DIY; Ember Moon vs. Asuke. 

I went with two friends who haven't watched since the Attitude Era and both really enjoyed it. In a sentiment that might never be shared on this board or any platform catering to hardcore fans, one of my friends said: "I loved that guitar guy! (meaning Elias Sampson)" 

Wesley Blake's shtick got CRAZY heat. Tye Dillinger was the most over wrestler of the night. They paired the two for a segment that got a huge pop. 

There weren't any surprises on the card. A colleague who had seen the October show in Hollywood told me Kota Ibushi showed unannounced, which got my hopes up. Otherwise though, this was a ton of fun. I'd highly recommend seeing an NXT house show if you can. 

• Like 1

Awesome! And here I was expecting some kind of highlight/clip show.
This show has the DIY vs. Tajiri/Tozawa match btw.

According to PWInsider the week after that will be the Melbourne show, also a 2-hour special, and the week after that, they'll show the DIY/Revival math from the last set of tapings, which is the only match from those tapings that hasn't aired yet.

• Like 3

Not that it means too too much but Liv Morgan has been working the RAW house shows this week.

It appears mainly because they needed a female face as it's Liv/Sasha/Bayley vs Charlotte/Dana/Nia with Emmalina as special ref

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic