DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown is busted Bella Twins - 11/29/16

Peck

Normally I'd be glad that Bray picked up a pin, but I really wanted AA to get the belts at TLC lest they get lost in the shuffle.  At least they could have had the Usos cost them the match.  There are only 6 bouts scheduled for TLC and giving AA/Usos a good 20 minutes or a 2/3 falls match or something would nicely pad it.

It looks like they're going to set up some inner turmoil in the Wyatts between Randy and Harper, likely with Harper getting jealous that Randy is now Bray's favorite or something. The only thing I can say for sure is that it will probably end with Harper jobbing some more.

The women's segments were all solid.  Alexa gets better every week and Carmella is still really green but showing signs of life.

46 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Why does WWE hate me so much and why do they insist on Luke Harper constantly jobbing to Kane?

The hate comes from their higher ups reading Reigns related posts they don't agree with, or maybe Vince just thinks middle fingers in avatars is gimmick infringement on his pal Stone Cold.

Kane must be kept strong for his appearance in next year's Rumble.

3 minutes ago, zev said:

The hate comes from their higher ups reading Reigns related posts they don't agree with, or maybe Vince just thinks middle fingers in avatars is gimmick infringement on his pal Stone Cold.

Kane must be kept strong for his appearance in next year's Rumble.

Gotta keep Kane strong for when one of those other young guns, Lesnar or Goldberg eliminate him. 

Aside from Luke Harper's continued misuse, I enjoyed SD, especially the Becky/Alexa segment. I am so into their feud, exactly the opposite of Sasha/Charlotte.

• Like 2

Lesnar and Goldberg are both going to be trying to push each over when HBK runs in and eliminates them both with a massive hug. Shawn's still retired, he just doesn't like either of those guys. Once he leaves, Kane has nothing to worry about but Ellsworth and Papa Shango.

• Like 2

I liked that Main Event tag match a lot. Orton and Wyatt play off each other pretty well. I liked Jordan getting to suplex Wyatt all over the place. Orton's superplex looked extra huge for some reason. The finish was more creative than usual as they did a few things after Harper showed up. The tag match on Sunday could be the show stealer.

I'm a big fan of Alexa but I think she's going overboard with the wacky facial expressions.

Ellsworth should be out until the Rumble now but I feel like he's going to show up on Sunday and cost Dean the match by accident. The Styles Clash on the floor looked so dangerous.

• Like 1

Another excellent Becky/Alexa segment, awesome stuff from both. I figure Becky retains but I think I want Alexa to win it, big fan of both but feel like Alexa deserves at least a little run coming off a hot streak of great work in ring and on the mic. Wasn't crazy about making it a tables match but I'm sure it will still be good stuff, looking forward to it the most of TLC. Solid brawl to further Nikki/Carmella. Loved the main event tag. Becoming a big fan of this new Wyatt Family, really digging Orton and Bray together. Thought the match went pretty much perfectly with both teams looking strong. All of the matches that are on tLC so far have a mostly great build.

10 hours ago, Sammo~! said:

They changed Luke Harper's titantron from that cool ass creepy single eyeball to ... the woods? I guess? I'm not saying that's why he lost to Kane, but it's probably more than coincidental

Well, if anything, it was too close to another titantron.  

So, we can take this as confirmation that Asuka is facing Victoria at Takeover in January. 

• Like 1

I'd be cool with that. I like the idea of Asuka running through old divas champs, it could lead to Asuka/Lita for Mania weekend. Now I'm fantasy booking Asuka showing up on a pre-show panel and disrespecting Lita.

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Well, if anything, it was too close to another titantron.  

So, we can take this as confirmation that Asuka is facing Victoria at Takeover in January. 

Crazy Victoria was ten times better then the time they made her dance for like five minutes before every match:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sublime said:

I'd be cool with that. I like the idea of Asuka running through old divas champs, it could lead to Asuka/Lita for Mania weekend. Now I'm fantasy booking Asuka showing up on a pre-show panel and disrespecting Lita.

The one thing I want from an Asuka/Lita match is Asuka going full heel, ripping Lita's thong out, and choking her with it.

• Like 5

As stated, the women's segments were pretty good and I'm looking forward to seeing both matches at TLC. While Alexa is indeed doing very well, I'm pulling for Becky to retain. We already have one women's title being passed around like a hot potato. 

Carmella threatening to destroy Nikki's implants is a whole other level of evil lol 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jamal said:

As stated, the women's segments were pretty good and I'm looking forward to seeing both matches at TLC. While Alexa is indeed doing very well, I'm pulling for Becky to retain. We already have one women's title being passed around like a hot potato.

The table match seems set up for Alexa to win while keeping Becky strong.  I doubt Alexa is heavy enough to go through a table anyways, even if it is gimmicked.