DVDVR Message Board

Raw - 11/21/16

Dolfan in NYC

37 minutes ago, Sublime said:

It was this years Rumble, I don't remember if there was a suplex but remember some pretty stiff strikes from Brock for sure. 

He did something to annoy Brock. I think he didn't flinch during a clothesline or something, so Brock Steinerlined the fuck out of him. I just love the thought of Brock using the old Steinerline because when Rick did one it was pretty high impact. Brock is like a damn bulldozer. To be fair, I'm sure Braun was told "don't go down for anyone until you get eliminated".

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

Would New Day be the first champions to turn twice during the same title reign?

Didn't Thunderlips in Rocky 3 go from face champ via doing a charity match, to heeling it up vs. Balboa during the bout, to handshake/opponent's arm raising babyface after the fight? That's two turns in one night!

• Like 1

This is pretty true if they don't care about you you don't get a storyline with a McMahon you get sent to main event/superstars. Now if the storyline with a McMahon actually helps you is another thing all together.

Three segment show: Goldberg's promo on Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series and entering the Royal Rumble match, Chris Jericho/Kevin Owens interaction hinting at a breakup but thankfully didn't come to pass. The third? Charlotte/Sasha Banks setting up their fifth match this year coming so soon after their Hell in a Cell match at Hell in a Cell 2016.

Watching the Espanol replay (finally. Hey, what can I say, World Pro isn't on tonight. Damn college b-ball). There's probably nobody who takes a complete bear mauling better than Sami. That was like the second coming of Vader. And will someone -- ANYONE -- please tell Mick how bad of an idea the plaid suit is? Also, who is he to stick his nose in and stop a match? Remember when Vader kicked HIS ass, on his very own request? He doesn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to thinking of a wrestler's welfare. Leave that to the ref and stay in the back. 

They need to leave that Emmalina cheesecake bullshit back in the Attitude Era. Speaking of throwbacks, Charlotte's robe is awesome. I don't think Nia getting suplexed was that big of a deal, it still took two people to do it. Also her Cobra Clutch is sick. 

This is my first look at the cruisers and boy do they have some dorky gimmicks. TJ's NES music is okay but the white boy dancing needs to go. Kendrick's Blackbeard flag and studded leather are pretty cool at least. Are the cruisers being stuck in the pre-main death spot to make them "prove themselves" or some other such crap? And since when does a dropkick make someone do a front flip? 

Owens needs to be allowed to use the actual Package Piledriver as a total death move to finish a really important match someday. Maybe use it to put out someone who's booked to do a WWE movie or has to have surgery or something. If Rollins can attempt his own demise like on that dive (or that fucking DDT on the chair, nice RVD bump) then they should let Owens dump somebody on their head. I would've lost it if Rollins pointed to the sky before doing the chair-assisted forearm. Missed your chance there bud! With all the chair- and table-fu this is quite the Ode to ECW. Now that I see the "road case" was just a square plastic trash can Rollins doesn't seem as suicidal as I first thought. Everyone mentioned the Sin Cara mask but nobody said anything about the Nakamura hoodie Jericho was wearing. Odds are this ends up a very good uncut addition to one of their career retrospective DVDs.  

Spanish language Walmart commercials have the most irritating music ever.

Are they selling "Roman Sucks" shirts now or did somebody have that made? 

On 11/25/2016 at 10:59 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Owens needs to be allowed to use the actual Package Piledriver as a total death move to finish a really important match someday.

Or, alternatively, maybe a move that doesn't look like hot garbage?

On 11/25/2016 at 8:59 PM, Curt McGirt said:

And will someone -- ANYONE -- please tell Mick how bad of an idea the plaid suit is? Also, who is he to stick his nose in and stop a match? Remember when Vader kicked HIS ass, on his very own request? He doesn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to thinking of a wrestler's welfare. Leave that to the ref and stay in the back. 

In defence of the writing of his character (yes, that is a bit of vomit I'm trying to hold down), it's been part of Mick's schtick for a while that he'll attempt to caution wrestlers against committed the same sins as himself. "The Cell will change you, do you really want it?" That kind of stuff.

It'd be nice if they made it more explicit and really went there, but that's 95% of WWE for ya.

I chalk any inconsistencies up to brain damage. 

14 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I'm confused. You think the Package Piledriver looks like shit? 

Yeah. When doing a piledriver, you keep the guy's head tucked between your thighs. It's kind of crucial to the illusion that you're driving their head into the canvas. Steen would just hold guys awkwardly in front of him while flopping on his ass.