DVDVR Message Board

Raw - 11/21/16

Dolfan in NYC

33 minutes ago, J.T. said:

So, New Day ragged on Demolition and got booed.  Miscue in humor or foreshadowing of heel turn?

Oh they are flat out teasing New Day back to heels as pretty much every time they win via Woods distraction it is heeling but last night was especially blatant that that was a heel win of a team desperate to keep their titles

It makes no sense him (Sami Zayn) being on the same show as the Cruiserweights. He's supposed to be this undersized underdog little guy, and here's a whole division of guys four inches shorter and thirty pounds lighter than him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh they are flat out teasing New Day back to heels as pretty much every time they win via Woods distraction it is heeling but last night was especially blatant that that was a heel win of a team desperate to keep their titles

And Anderson / Gallows won yet another #1 Contenders match so well get New Day vs. The Club yet again with the Club losing since booking is still very high on New Day... as they should be.

Heeling chicanery not withstanding, I like the idea of the New Day occasionally bending the rules to keep their titles.  At least belts mean something to somebody.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Who said he was going to be #1?

Goldberg doesn't say it during his promo

It isn't mentioned in the wwe.com story about it

No one has mentioned it on any of the recaps

If it was an announcer then I am pretty sure they screwed up saying that.

They said Goldberg was the "first entrant" in the royal rumble. i guess that could be confusing. 

First confirmed entrant does not necessarily equate to being one of the first guys in the ring.

Naturally if they want to continue the ride and "make history," they will put Goldberg in at #1 and book him to win.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

And Anderson / Gallows won yet another #1 Contenders match so well get New Day vs. The Club yet again with the Club losing since booking is still very high on New Day... as they should be.

Heeling chicanery not withstanding, I like the idea of the New Day occasionally bending the rules to keep their titles.  At least belts mean something to somebody.

Belt? It's a championship, PAL.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Mr Harms said:

They said Goldberg was the "first entrant" in the royal rumble. i guess that could be confusing. 

I feel like this conversation happens every year whenever the first guy goes out on RAW and says they are the first guy in the Rumble. It is obviously meant to mean that they (in this case Goldberg) are the first person to announce entry in to the Rumble, not that they will be be person who starts the Rumble match in the #1 spot.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

Man, Seth's hair after 10 minutes of a match is something else.  Broken Matt Hardy wishes his hair looked that ridiculos.

Go back and look at Dana's hair when she had a 10 min singles match on Raw earlier this year.

2 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Has Stromboli even left his feet yet? I haven't been catching the replays because... well, you know.

I think he did recently in the SS match, but a week or two ago he did in the 4-way main event match.

The 3 hour Raws are finally starting to catch up to me.  I've been falling asleep by main event time for the past month.  It's not always because the main is dull (some definitely are, but some have been great)  It's just that to watch the show anymore, I feel it have to be DVR only so I can fast forward commercials and such.  And I would wake up and catch a minute before dozing off.  The Seth dive was cool though, and I woke up to see Chris with the Sin Cara mask.  That got a helluva chuckle out of me.  But it greatly annoys me that despite most evidence to the contrary USA thinks 3 hours is worth investing in.  It's too bad they have mostly shitty programming and it feels like we pay for it due to that.

40 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Has Stromboli even left his feet yet? I haven't been catching the replays because... well, you know.

I assume you mean Strowman, and yes, he has multiple time, mostly by choice (to dropkick people) or people ganging up on him.

8 minutes ago, Kyuubi said:

The first time Ariya Davairi is given a live mic and he immediately starts with anti-American and Anti-West tirade. Stick with the classics, WWE. At least you are consistent.

That and YET AGAIN Lana addresses the people of America in another country (did the same in Scotland).  The announcers tried to cover it up, but man that was bad.