DVDVR Message Board

SURVIVOR SERIES 2016 POST SHOW THREAD

RIPPA

Just now, hammerva said:

I am not sure you could turn off the light and get the covers on you before the match was over. 

I AM SO CONFUSED :blink:

They say Cool Papa Bell was so fast he could turn on the Main Event of Survivor series and get to the bed before it ended.  But I don't believe it.

• Like 12

Per Dave

BILL GOLDBERG VS. BROCK LESNAR

Goldbeg won in 1:25 with two spears and a jackhammer.  Obviously they have to do a rematch.  Gutsy move but it totally worked.

So I guess they got Bill to agree to Rumble

Speaking of Meltzer, I'm wondering what "big angle" he was told was planned for tonight. I think most people thought Smackdown would lose the 5v5 tag team match and Undertaker would destroy AJ Styles or something. Surely Goldberg beating Lesnar clean in under 2 minutes isn't leading to something at WrestleMania?

Oh man, the main event elimination match may have been the worst booked match of the year. Just so much awful aside from Strowman killing people and the quick Shield reunion. 

LOVED the finish to Goldberg/Lesnar. We live in an age where people can dig a quick destruction, especially when it's a an underdog over a villain. Goldberg caught Brock unprepared and now you can build to a rematch down the road where Brock murders him. 

I mean, whether Goldberg was the guy to do THIS story with is another debate but Bill has been awesome and he was fucking over like a motherfucker with that crowd when we all thought he'd get booed out of the country. 

At least we don't have to hear "Fantasy warfare just got real." or deal with stupid, forced brand loyalty anymore. Otherwise, this was a mess. I'm a fool for thinking the tag team survivor match would be a moment to shine for American Alpha. 

I'm so tired of the Miz and Maryse. Stale doesn't properly describe their act. Is the payoff Maryse being locked above the ring in shark cage? 

I enjoyed most of the matches on the show which must be a sign that bad booking doesn't bother as much right now.

The men's survivor series match was one of the weirdest mixes of awesome and terrible. I thought everything that didn't involve Shane or the Shield spot was really good.

I liked what they did in the women's match. Becky got a big elimination on Nia. Bayley got to shine and then Charlotte got the heat at the end.

The second half of the tag match was phenomenal. Cesaro and Sheamus are a GREAT team.

If you're going to do another Goldberg vs Brock match, that was the way to go about it. I bet Goldberg's shoulder is fucked and he couldn't actually do a match.

• Like 1

I really did not care to see Goldberg/Brock at all. I didn't care about Goldberg back then. And Galactus Brock ran its course. But... I'm really glad I saw that? That was sorta incredible? Brock manhandled Cena a few years ago and then just got his lunch taken. It was definitely memorable.

And I might be alone but I loved the hell out of the Raw/Smackdown men's match. What an insane match.

Loved: AJ/Dean's beef hurting Team Blue. AJ willing to risk spinal health on that insane bump from Braun. Shane doing some insane dive through a table. Ellsworth eliminating Braun and then getting thrown through like a rag doll. THE LIST being used as a weapon. Shane's dumb ass possibly costing him a few years with his children, SHIELD REUNION, Randy hitting another all-time RKO on Seth and the end being a callback to the first Shield/Wyatts classic with Randy taking the bullet and Bray (!) winning the big one.

That was an awesome match.

Tag match was whatever but the Cesaro/Sheamus vs. Usos end stretch was really good.

Miz/Sami was fun.

I hate the cruisers. Just end the experiment. Kudos for trying but it's lame.

Women's match was dumb but I liked the end to set up Charlotte/Bayley.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bink_winkleman said:

I absolutely despise both Roman and Orton and still loved the men's match.

Also was never big on Goldberg, but that was a nice spectacle. His kid looks like a real turd.

Yes.