DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] THE STUFF TAPED BEFORE TORONTO (So probably spoilers)

RIPPA

Based on folks there - it is unclear what will actually make TV

Submitted by Pat Laprade

*These could be a mix of TV and dark matches. Not sure which is which.

- Rich Swann vs. Kona Reeves ended in a no-contest

This was my first time seeing Reeves, a tall guy who looks Hawaiian with 'Aloha' on his tights. Swann was very over while Reeves got a "Who are you?" chant. The lights turned out during the match, and SAnitY came to the ring. They attacked both of them, and got a hhuge pop from the crowd with "EY" and "Eric Young" chants.

Young took the mic and cut a promo saying they don't ask for permission, they take it.

- Eric Young and No Way Jose ended in a no-contest

As Reeves and Swann were brought to the back, No Way Jose came to the ring and got a strong reaction. He called out Young and they started a match for that was quickly stopped by Sanity. Nikki Cross went on the top rope and as she went to dropkick Jose on his back, she slipped and fell just before getting to Jose. She got a huge "you f***ed up" chant. She went back up a second time and got a nice dropkick on his back. She then went up a third time and didn't mess it up but she kind of slipped on Jose's back upon hitting it.

- Ember Moon, Liv Morgan and Aliyah beat Bille Kay, Peyton Royce and Daria

This was ok. The heat was on Aliyah who got a good reaction from the crowd since she is from Toronto. But, Moon got the best pop of the two. End came with a hot tag to Moon who cleaned the ring. The Aussies tagged Daria and stayed on the outside, leading to Moon hitting a stunner from the third rope for the win.

Okay, Liv more than ever reminds me of Kelly Kelly.

Great expressions from Daria, she came off very much like a sympathetic face even given that she does have a badass aura to her. Moon finisher wasn't clean but it looked more brutal (great sell by both Daria and commentary).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turk128 said:

Great expressions from Daria, she came off very much like a sympathetic face even given that she does have a badass aura to her. Moon finisher wasn't clean but it looked more brutal (great sell by both Daria and commentary).

Yea it wasn't her cleanest but that made it appear all the more lethal. Poor Daria. Now I want to see her get revenge on the Aussies lol 

• Like 1

On 11/24/2016 at 7:57 AM, turk128 said:

Hmm...super hot blondes where try as they might the last thing you think about them is their wrestling?  Sounds about right.  I was really hoping Liv would take off as a big-time face, but something just not clicking with her.  And it's a shame because she seems like a super-nice woman who is putting her all into this.

It's definitely too early to write of Liv completely, but I don't think it's gonna happen with this iteration of her character. The Jersey girl gimmick is passe and is more of a heel gimmick anyway. She also isn't very smooth in the ring and hasn't found anything that works for her on offense. But like I said, she's only 22, plenty of time to turn it around. No reason she couldn't turn out like an Alexa Bliss if she keeps grinding on the house shows and experimenting for the right character touches.

• Like 1