DVDVR Message Board

#205LIVE

RIPPA

• 2 weeks later...

Am I just super jaded from the overall WWE product being less than stellar a lot of the time, or is this show just straight fucking money every single week? I was a little behind, so I blitzed through the last three weeks last night. Cedric - Nese was super great, and the Buddy Murphy beatdown, although totally expected was still fun and gives folks a reason to support Nese after he's been a pretty big shithead for most his entire run.

Not much to say about the 3/26 show, but I dug the 6 man, and I liked the result of Arya over Cedric because of Oney's distraction. I wish that pro wrestling would work harder to come up with new ways for guys to win or lose, because "person shows up at ringside to cost another wrestler the decision" is old and played out and I hate it because of its overuse.

Last night's was again pretty great, I enjoyed the fuck out of Oney - Kalisto, Lorcan is a fucking animal and so fun to watch. Salida del Sol on the apron was a nifty spot and Oney was just pummeling Kalisto during his control segment.  Tozawa - Kanellis was enjoyable as well, if brought down a little by the interference finish, but it played off the deal from the show previous, so I can get why it went down that way.

Nese and Murphy and the brawl from backstage all the way down the ramp was silly and stupid and fun in all the right ways, and was a pretty good way to lead into their match on Sunday.

I wish every one of the WWE's shows could be this consistently good and focused and absent of long winded promo segments that don't get anyone over.

• Like 4

Nese has been working his ass off and it shows in his matches, but there's just something lacking there charisma-wise. I don't think a long reign would be a good idea. With Buddy possibly moving, it's hard to say who would be the best heel to take it off of him. Itami would have been ideal, if still there. Oney just got called up. A heel turn from Cedric would be welcome, but I still think he needs to stay out of the title picture for a while.

Does Triple H remember this show exists? They had their two biggest names drafted and in return they got...no one? There are now fewer than 10 people on the roster. They can't even put English in the ring to freshen things up?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MORELOCK said:

I guess Oney is cutting face promos now? What was the point of bringing him in heel again?

To feud with a guy they decided to move off the roster because.... WWE?

It was always gonna be weird anyway - since he never stopped being a face on NXT and they made that big deal about him working both rosters.

Not as weird as when Drake was managing AOP but still

On 5/8/2019 at 8:43 AM, FireThunder said:

The no-DQ match with AKira Tozawa and Mike Kanellis was just bonkers.

It’s wild what some of these guys do in gimmick matches in front of crowds that just don’t care. Absolutely wild.

I haven’t watched any 205 since before Mania, and I noticed they were avoiding wide shots with the hard cam during this match. Any notion what’s going on there?

17 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Not as weird as when Drake was managing AOP but still

Is Drake not still managing that one AOP guy in singles matches on Main Event? I’m not sure. It’s been a couple months since I caught a random episode on TV and that was definitely a thing. 

5 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Is Drake not still managing that one AOP guy in singles matches on Main Event? I’m not sure. It’s been a couple months since I caught a random episode on TV and that was definitely a thing. 

That random Main Event was the last time Rezar was seen - they didn't even throw him into the Andre Battle Royal.

Yeah the last time Drake was a manager was when he seconded EC3 in the Main Event match against Harper that reportedly killed Harper's "push" 

Christ, i feel bad for these guys. They are fucking killing themselves on a show no one watches in front of crowds that barely care. 9 times out of 10 id rather watch paint dry then anything kanellis does but damn if he didn't bring it and then some against tozawa. If we must continue the show, can they at least tape it at full sail or something? 

• Like 2

Gave into the hype as a huge Kanellis fan and watched this show for the first time since March 2018 when Roderick was tearing it up. Now that was a no DQ match worth watching. Some cool spots and a wild finishing sequence. Still feel Kanellis is the most underrated dude around while Tozawa always shines when given the opportunity (Tozawa/Murphy on one of the ppv pre shows last year was excellent). the Kanellis theme is still gold. Also felt like I hadn't seen Kendrick in awhile, always good to see and wish he was used more elsewhere.