DVDVR Message Board

#205LIVE

RIPPA

Since when does a show not being for someone keep them from complaining about it?

Sad that Metalik and Bate are out already but damn was Bate-TJP good with some good false finishes.

2 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Give it one more week to see if you like it. If not then maybe the show just isn't for you.

Fair enough. I may also be burned out. I watched rasslin just every waking moment from Fri night through about midnight Sunday. And some more in the morning and evening yesterday and today.   

• Like 1

I wouldn't say 205 Live is dull in and of itself, but performing in front of a comatose crowd kills the excitement.

Rockstar Spud/Drake Maverick s a good choice for general manager. He'll inject more personality into the show. They need to do a Gulak-Tozawa match to determine who will be assistant general manager. Mustafa Ali cut a good babyface promo. The matches were very good, especially TJP-Tyler Bate. 

• Like 2

I thought it was a solid show.

Slightly disappointed in Cedric and Mettallik, but it was a good match. I figured it would be better, but it's whatever. Cedric went over and I am proud although I don't think that match should have happened in the first round since Metallik was a finalist in the CWC.

TJP and Tyler Bate was great and Tyler Bate brought the goods. TJP won with a fuck finish, but again, it did not take away from the match. I am annoyed that I won't get Bate vs Alexander, but it is still great that he is in 205 Live. I just wish they would change the time slot for this show or at leats pre-record when the crowd is still alive.

As for the tournament itself, I kind am glad that they decided to do this and while I do not have opinions of Drake Maverick aka Rockstar Spud yet, at least the show is getting some attention. Roderick Strong vs Hideo Itami should be good. And Lince vs Kalisto should be exciting.

I kind of want Cedric to win it all at Wrestlemania because...he fucking deserves it. He should have been the one to take the title off of Neville. And honestly with guys like Hideo, Strong, and Bate in this division, no one else can get great matches out of most of these guys in this division but him.

Since Phillips said Cedric needed four wins, that means there are 16 people in this tournament which is pretty big.

So far there has been Cedric, TJP, Gran Metallik, Bate, Kalisto, Lince Dorado, Mustafa Ali,  Hideo, Strong, Gallagher, Gulak, have all been confirmed. Tozawa and Neese is probably in it. Daivari as well. So there is 14 right there. Who are the other 2?  Dunne and Gargano? Lio Rush? Ricochet?

"Drake Maverick" is a horrible name for a foppish little Brit...but it's still world's better than "Rockstar Spud." I feel like a Rockstar Spud is the third man in Reno Scum, but that's just me.

I made a joke on Twitter that the winner of this 16-man tournament can go on to quit when this pre-show match eventually leaves them holding the bag when it comes time to Mania DVD payoffs...but at least the show has some direction for the next few months.

6 hours ago, Kyuubi said:

I thought it was a solid show.

Slightly disappointed in Cedric and Mettallik, but it was a good match. I figured it would be better, but it's whatever. Cedric went over and I am proud although I don't think that match should have happened in the first round since Metallik was a finalist in the CWC.

TJP and Tyler Bate was great and Tyler Bate brought the goods. TJP won with a fuck finish, but again, it did not take away from the match. I am annoyed that I won't get Bate vs Alexander, but it is still great that he is in 205 Live. I just wish they would change the time slot for this show or at leats pre-record when the crowd is still alive.

As for the tournament itself, I kind am glad that they decided to do this and while I do not have opinions of Drake Maverick aka Rockstar Spud yet, at least the show is getting some attention. Roderick Strong vs Hideo Itami should be good. And Lince vs Kalisto should be exciting.

I kind of want Cedric to win it all at Wrestlemania because...he fucking deserves it. He should have been the one to take the title off of Neville. And honestly with guys like Hideo, Strong, and Bate in this division, no one else can get great matches out of most of these guys in this division but him.

Since Phillips said Cedric needed four wins, that means there are 16 people in this tournament which is pretty big.

So far there has been Cedric, TJP, Gran Metallik, Bate, Kalisto, Lince Dorado, Mustafa Ali,  Hideo, Strong, Gallagher, Gulak, have all been confirmed. Tozawa and Neese is probably in it. Daivari as well. So there is 14 right there. Who are the other 2?  Dunne and Gargano? Lio Rush? Ricochet?

Swann or Kendrick or Daivari's Brother as well. 

41 minutes ago, Matt D said:

You have to feel for Spud. Bryan did everything right there. He did everything right there. It sounded like there were about twelve people left in the audience for the guy.

To me (and admittedly I was half paying attention) it seemed like the crowd was hot for him, and then died a good bit when Bryan said “Drake Maverick!!!!”

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Drake Maverick sounds like a villain from DuckTales.  (And yes, it's still better than Rockstar Spud.)

Woo

I knew it sounded familiar, and a quick google search reminded me that Darkwing Duck’s name is... Drake Mallard.  I can definitely see Spud rocking a purple double breasted suit.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Captain Kronos said:

Fair enough. I may also be burned out. I watched rasslin just every waking moment from Fri night through about midnight Sunday. And some more in the morning and evening yesterday and today.   

I love watching wrestling, but that to me sounds like you might need to take a break.

I love the tournament and it's a much-needed change in direction in a post-Enzo 205 Live.  If they hold off on wacky segments and stick with this format I think it'll be what the show needs to get back on track.  Bonus points if you have matches like TJP/Bate which was freaking awesome.  I honestly wish it was Lince going against Cedric instead of Metallic, sucked seeing Metallik out already.

As for who else can take part I'd be thrilled if it was Lio.  The guy's offense is unique even by 205 standards and I think it'll lead to some interesting matchups.  But for all I know he might still be in the doghouse from that tweet months ago.

1 hour ago, JonnyLaw said:

To me (and admittedly I was half paying attention) it seemed like the crowd was hot for him, and then died a good bit when Bryan said “Drake Maverick!!!!”

I just saw it on youtube this morning so, you may well be right. They acknowledged the minor Stud chants on commentary, which felt weird too. Not as weird as the whole EC3 thing, mind you. That's sort of like how the whole Heartbreak Kid moniker for Shawn was specifically about him feuding with Bret in 92 and it just stuck. That sort of thing, but, you know, cross company.

Fun show.  Really good, competitive matches and quick backstage vignettes that helped build characters.  I laugh every time Tozawa says "You're fired!" and the stagehand just stares at him.

It's nice that Rocksta... er, Drake Maverick is a fresh take on the GM trope.  Since he's a new character, he doesn't have any axes to grind against people that he has to oversee.  He just wants to make the cruiserweight show the best he possibly can.

I just hope that the guys who get bounced from the tournament don't disappear until the title match at Mania.  I'mma be pissed if I don't get to see Gran Metalik for three months.  (Again.)

Spud/Drake was about 1.0 Trump with his tan. That, combined with the whitest teeth you've ever seen along with that suit were awesome. I look forward to all of the Drake Maverick cosplay.

And WTF is up with Tyler Bate dropping losses? 

9 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

Swann or Kendrick or Daivari's Brother as well. 

Swann is a hell no due to his bullshit going on.

Kendrick is injured.

And Daivari's brother has been out since the cruiserweight classic.

Noam Dar could come back. I just don't want him to.

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

Spud/Drake was about 1.0 Trump with his tan. That, combined with the whitest teeth you've ever seen along with that suit were awesome. I look forward to all of the Drake Maverick cosplay.

And WTF is up with Tyler Bate dropping losses? 

Not a fan of it either. But I guess they did not want to have the CWC winner lose to the UK winner even though TJP should have never won in the first fucking place.