DVDVR Message Board

#205LIVE

RIPPA

1 hour ago, EricR said:

Was I the only one who found it weird that they were kind of pretending the CWC didn't happen? Graves kept talking about the guys debuting, and they kept doing introduction videos for all the guys I imagine most of the viewers have already been introduced to. Are there really that many people who are watching this, but didn't watch the CWC?

They will be in front of much more casual audiences every week so I think they need to go out of their way to introduce them again or risk having super dead crowds. the crowds might be dead anyway. But at least they came alive tonight for the last two matches so that was nice.

Also, wasn't Cedric on the stage? I believe he was introduced in the very beginning.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

They will be in front of much more casual audiences every week so I think they need to go out of their way to introduce them again or risk having super dead crowds. the crowds might be dead anyway. But at least they came alive tonight for the last two matches so that was nice.

I'm talking about the stuff that wouldn't have been presented to the live crowd, the way the announcers talked about guys, and things like that. They were treating people watching on the Network as people who had never seen these guys before. It's like the show only exists due to the buzz coming off the CWC, but doesn't acknowledge the CWC. 

35 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Also, wasn't Cedric on the stage? I believe he was introduced in the very beginning.

Just watched it back and you're right and he probably received the biggest pop of the show, I suppose the matches outside of the main were showcase matches for the new guys (Diet Young Bucks & Jacky boy) and there wasn't enough time. 

Hated taking the title off Kendrick already, thought he'd have it a bit longer than one month. Several near falls felt like that should've been it. Still don't care much about anyone else in the division, other than Noam Dar having a cool Raw debut. Did enjoy Aries on commentary.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I was surprised at the Bollywood Boyz getting the win over Nese & Gulak. I really didn't expect the Bollywood Boyz to get picked up after their not-so-great CWC performances.

I don't think the Bollywood Boys were signed because of their talent. They were signed, because India has a population of over one billion. Same reason why Ho Ho Lun was signed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EVA said:

Swann winning the title now begs the question why they didn't just make him the "safety" option in the CWC Final Four to begin with.  TJP came out of his bracket.

My admittedly uneducated theory would probably get me the ban hammer.

Jack Gallagher is going to be a blast to watch. Kendrick becoming more delusional is fascinating. A good start for the show, though they may need to have it happen pre-SDL in order to hopefully ensure a better live audience.

• Like 1

Great start for the 205. Very very glad that Gallagher got over with the non-NXT crowd, he's gonna be really fun to watch both in ring and crowd-wise.

Aries really going to be part of the 205? It'll be great if he does double duty.

Great title match. Kendrick is the Jericho/Miz of the 205.

Hey, maybe Tozawa can help out Apollo; tag with him, be the Gable to his Jordan (have some personality rub off on him).

Bollywood Boys are not good but they're kinda fun and harmless as undercard tag team. Was hoping Gulak & Nese would win cause I like Gulak and in hindsight I'm surprised all faces went over, I figured Bollywood boys and Jack both went over because Swann wasn't going to win the title.

Loved the main event so many moments where I thought it was gonna end but can the crowds stop with the "TEN!" stuff during count out situations it's a pain to try to follow along with the count at home which puts a damper on the match, for me anyway. It cuts down on the drama and it's one of those things that seems more about getting the crowd over than the wrestling. Do it during Dillinger matches all you want leave it out of any other matches please unless it's on a show where Ty is challenging for a title or something.

I think The Brian Kendrick will get the title back relatively soon because the heel side of the roster is pretty thin. TBK, Nese, Gulak and Arya vs Faces: Swann, TJP, Cedric, Lince, Metalik, Jack, Bollywood boys, Lun. I guess Ali might be a heel, sigh, since his name is Mustafa Ali. Towzawa could be a heel but I don't think the crowds will boo him cause he's awesome and his style is entertaining.

10 minutes ago, Sublime said:

Bollywood Boys are not good but they're kinda fun and harmless as undercard tag team. Was hoping Gulak & Nese would win cause I like Gulak and in hindsight I'm surprised all faces went over, I figured Bollywood boys and Jack both went over because Swann wasn't going to win the title.

Loved the main event so many moments where I thought it was gonna end but can the crowds stop with the "TEN!" stuff during count out situations it's a pain to try to follow along with the count at home which puts a damper on the match, for me anyway. It cuts down on the drama and it's one of those things that seems more about getting the crowd over than the wrestling. Do it during Dillinger matches all you want leave it out of any other matches please unless it's on a show where Ty is challenging for a title or something.

I think The Brian Kendrick will get the title back relatively soon because the heel side of the roster is pretty thin. TBK, Nese, Gulak and Arya vs Faces: Swann, TJP, Cedric, Lince, Metalik, Jack, Bollywood boys, Lun. I guess Ali might be a heel, sigh, since his name is Mustafa Ali. Towzawa could be a heel but I don't think the crowds will boo him cause he's awesome and his style is entertaining.

Nese and Gulak not even getting an entrance should have been the first indication they are going to lose.

Can't take that long for Aries' face to heal up.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I think it is 99% that and 1% poking fun at Jeff Jarrett

I'm still surprised they've never given Sonjay Dutt a chance. He's not the greatest wrestler in the world, but he's definitely better than Khali and the Bollywood Boys.

Putting it on after Smackdown seems like the worst possible time to have this show.  My hope for this show is that they move the show to Full Sail, it gets over huge with that crowd and Network subscribers, and it tours with NXT.  I also think they should start a tag, or even better, a six-man division.  The roster is really thin right now, but Ciampa, Gargano, Itami, and a bunch of other guys are in NXT who could very easily join the division.  How big is Andrade Cien Almas?  He looks like he might be too big, but so does Tony Nese.  Neville, Kalisto, and Tyler Breeze should also be participating in this.  

17 hours ago, EricR said:

Was I the only one who found it weird that they were kind of pretending the CWC didn't happen? Graves kept talking about the guys debuting, and they kept doing introduction videos for all the guys I imagine most of the viewers have already been introduced to. Are there really that many people who are watching this, but didn't watch the CWC?

I read that they're cancelling Superstars in favor of 205 Live... if that's the case, does it also mean that this show will be on air in foreign markets?

Sure that main might have been better in front of an already hot crowd, but it was still really great, I think. One thing I really love about Swann's performance is that when he's between moves on offense, especially if there's a lot of distance between him and Kendrick, he really looks like he's thinking hard and trying to figure out the best angle for his next move, which really makes sense for a high flyer.