DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 11/8/16

The Natural

Spoiler

Oh man if Smackdown gets Sami AND the entire Cruiseweight division in one right, the whole internet may be pants free after Survivor Series

I guess the taping of 205 live makes sense, now.

• Like 1

Team SmackDown kicks off the show with Shane McMahon, Baron Corbin, Dean Ambrose, Luke Harper, Randy Orton, Bray Wyatt and WWE World Champion AJ Styles. James Ellsworth is also there for a pop. He's announced as the SmackDown mascot for Survivor Series. Shane makes Wyatt, Harper and Orton vs. Ellsworth, Ambrose and Corbin for tonight

* Naomi defeated Natalya with Nikki Bella on commentary. The finish saw Naomi roll Natalya up after Carmella came down and argued with Nikki at ringside

* Backstage with Ambrose and Ellsworth. Baron Corbin has informed Shane he's not working tonight's main event. Shane makes Corbin vs. Kalisto and puts Kane in the main event.

* Corbin vs. Kalisto never starts as Corbin attacks before the bell. Corbin falls from the apron and clutched his knee, leading to Kalisto working the knee over to end the segment. Referees checked on Corbin

* There was a big promo for tonight's Women's Title Match.

* Daniel Bryan and Shane are backstage. Corbin suffered an injury and is off Survivor Series. His replacement will be announced later

* SmackDown Women's Champion Becky Lynch retained over Alexa Bliss by submission. There was some controversy as Alexa's feet were on the ropes

* Kalisto vs. The Brian Kendrick for the Cruiserweight Title is announced for Survivor Series. If Kalisto wins, the cruiserweight division leaves RAW and comes to SmackDown

* Curt Hawkins defeated Apollo Crews with a handful of tights

* Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper and Randy Orton defeated Dean Ambrose, Kane and James Ellsworth when Wyatt hit Sister Abigail on Ellsworth

* We go to Shane and Bryan backstage. Shane reveals he will be the final member of Team SmackDown, replacing Baron Corbin. SmackDown ends

Not surprised they're looking at transferring the cruiserweights to smackdown.

6 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but where was it said that if Sami wins the IC title, he goes to Smackdown? 

It hasn't, but that promo with Stephanie saying she basically hates everything about him would lead you believe that if he wins, he's going to decide to go where he'd be appreciated.

32 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It hasn't, but that promo with Stephanie saying she basically hates everything about him would lead you believe that if he wins, he's going to decide to go where he'd be appreciated.

I'd like Ziggler to hold onto the belt for a while, but if Sami goes to Smackdown it'll be worth it.  Or maybe Sami loses and then Steph fires him, leading to Bryan and Shane hiring him?

I could see Miz possibly costing Ziggler the match (or maybe he cheats but Sami, being the ethical guy he is, refuses to pin Ziggler in such a manner and ends up losing) that leads to a Loser Leaves Town match between Miz and Ziggler which gets Miz back to Raw.

Also wondering if Harper will end up taking Orton's place if the rumors about Orton not being on the show end up being true.

Normally I am usually Fuck Randy Orton, but I'd like to see Orton & Harper make a run at the tag titles under Bray's psycho messiah tutelage.

That's probably not how its going to go down, however.   Bray will groom Randy to claim the Smackdown title for the Family and Bray / Harper will cover Randy's ass when he eventually steals the belt.

I don't see anyone two years ago saying that Shane gets 1 on 1 with Da Undertaker AND a Holla Holla Tag Team Match.

Becky vs. Alexa was fantastic. No shades of grey, just here's a babyface, and there's a heel. Ding Ding.

Corbin's going to injure Kallisto, and Ellsworth replaces him and wins the Cruiser belt, right?

• Like 1

Breezango got on the show! I wish they would have played their vignettes to show everyone why they're dressed as cops.

Becky vs Alexa was a good solid match. They kept it very basic and allowed Alexa to focus on her strengths. That's what she needs right now and hopefully her and Becky can have a bunch of these matches on all the house shows for a few months.

• Like 1

Baron getting pulled off of Team SDL sucks though at the same time I kind of like the angle of Kalisto getting his revenge after being bullied and injured by Baron months ago. Shane replacing Baron feels ridiculous, but again I also kind of liked the reasoning of him being able to maintain some control as the leader.

Becky/Alexa was Alexa's best match yet. It wasn't amazing, but it was solid stuff with Alexa's arm work. Alexa's reaction on Talking Smack was short and perfect.

Glad to see Breezango making it to the SS tag match. They were fun on Talking Smack.

The Miz/Maryse stuff was nice enough though Maryse doesn't get herself across as well as Miz. I really hope they don't go through with Miz being traded, especially since there is already a perfect angle in Sami getting fired for losing against Ziggler. I do wish the Miz/Ziggler rematch had some sort of stip to it like 2/3 falls. Honestly if Sami does end up on SDL it will annoy me even more that Ziggler beat the Miz for the IC title as that big victory for the belt should have been given to a guy like Sami.

It will be interesting to see if the cruisers actually get moved to SDL. Before I felt it would have been dumb with the limited time SDL actually has, but with 205Live serving a supplement they don't have worry as much. I hope it happens though it would be a shame if Kendrick lost the belt so soon.

Thought Becky/Alexa was very good and on it's way to getting great before the finish. Hoped it would go a little longer and didn't care for the finish as the ref looked like an idiot while Alexa practically got the ropes three different times but at least it continues the feud I guess. Both looked great throughout. Obviously Alexa wouldn't/shouldn't win since it was Becky's first big defense but I was still kind of rooting for her just because her work in the lead up was so excellent. Extremely well built to match and a cool use of making an episode of SDL feel like a big deal with bigger/blowoff type matches like this and Miz/Ziggler next week, but especially this having a month long build to it. I did hate that they were constantly harping on Becky/Alexa being the "main event" when of course it did not go on last. Hyping up as the main at the start, I figured it would go on last and it would be their chance to sort of try to upstage Raw with their women.

I'm a fan of all things Shane O Mac so I love him ending up on the Survivor Series team. Kind of digging Orton in the Wyatts so far, didn't think I would like it since despite the turn being nicely shocking, I generally prefer Orton as a face. I think Kendrick will retain at SS, seems awfully rushed to throw the title on to Kalisto. With the way the cruiserweight division has gone so far, I'd rather it stay on Raw while I dig SDL's roster as it is. Glad/Surprised that Breezango got on the SDL team since they hadn't been on the show since the start of the tag title tournament. Next week's SDL 900 should be fun.

11 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Thought Becky/Alexa was very good and on it's way to getting great before the finish. Hoped it would go a little longer and didn't care for the finish as the ref looked like an idiot while Alexa practically got the ropes three different times but at least it continues the feud I guess. Both looked great throughout. Obviously Alexa wouldn't/shouldn't win since it was Becky's first big defense but I was still kind of rooting for her just because her work in the lead up was so excellent.

Yeah, I'm a Becky fan too but I think Alexa's work has been great. It reminds me of when champion Paige was feuding with newly crazy Alicia Fox. You knew that it was too soon for Paige to drop the belt but Alicia's character work was so good that you kinda wished that she would. Anyway, glad that it looks like this feud will continue. I think it has done wonders for Alexa.

Too bad we didn't get more of Naomi/Nattie. I know these aborted/shorter matches, with some sort of outside interference, are used to help further storylines but they always give me flashbacks to the dreaded days of the 3 minute Divas matches of the past. 

• Like 1

Things I've learned about Alexa on Smackdown:  She's obsessed with Disney and loves dressing like awesome villains.  What's not to love about her?  And that's on top of her being great as a heel, loved her work in last night's match especially.  She's the female MVP of Smackdown, and if it wasn't for AJ would be the overall Smackdown MVP.

Also liked that they found a creative way to have Daniel and Miz on Talkin' Smack without the hurt feelings argument they had before.

I disagree on Ellsworth.  The pop for him tagging in was incredible.  I also like the way he and Dean play off of each other ("Never say that again and stop counting hands").

As much as Shane in the main was kind of a disappointment, the crowd was super into it.

That Becky-Alexa match was better than almost any Raw women's match.  I thought Bliss only had like 2-3 moves and didn't know how they were going to fill the time, but she's a surprisingly capable wrestler for someone so unheralded, and Becky is much better when she gets a bit of time to wrestle, rather than the standard 2-3 minutes of hot fire (I still dislike that part...).

• Like 1