DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] For NOVEMBER 9, 2016... I guess

RIPPA

Okay - this was the stuff taped originally for last week that hasn't aired yet

Spoiler

- Ember Moon defeated Rachael Evers

Evers was Rachael Ellering with a name that paid tribute to Lance Storm. Top rope stunner by Moon for the win.

- Elias Samson defeated Nathan Cruz

This was a fast one. Cruz is in town for EVOLVE this weekend.

- Liv Morgan defeated Peyton Royce w/ Billie Kay by DQ

Kay got involved when Morgan had a submission on. Aliyah tried to make a save but was no match for the heels. Ember Moon made the final save and sent the Aussies packing.

- Andrade “Cien” Almas defeated Cedric Alexander

This was a long match, and Almas was in full heel mode. He had a hat, suspenders, and sparkly pyro. Alexander had hit a lumbar check but Almas got the ropes, then was able to hit his leg sweep DDT for the win.

- There was a contract signing in the ring with Shinsuke Nakamura, William Regal, and a crew of Performance Center security guards. Samoa Joe refused to enter the ring and cut a promo on Nakamura, Regal, and the crowd. Regal brought the contract up the ramp for Joe to sign. After Nakamura signed the paper, he got in a brawl and destroyed all the security guards, even putting one through a table.

NXT knows how to do contract signing so well. This Nak/Joe signing might be the best one yet. Joe was such a great dick in his segment. Calling fans mouthbreathers, impersonating Regal, smug posture, etc. And then he went into total feat watching Nak destroy NXT security. I love Regal's response... just like... come on.

The Sasha/Bayley signing is still probably my favorite. But this was aces.

Authors of Pain vs. DIY was really fun, too. I loved the thought process of The Revival. "We have to get Ciampa and Gargano. Let's fly all the way out to Los Angeles, hide under the ring  for a few hours, and then time our attack at the most opportune time! HAHAHA!"

Great episode, absolutely loved the matches and contract signing.  If there's something to take away from last night it's that they need to do more matches in other cities.  Both cities had great crowds, and the LA venue looked far superior to Full Sail.  I'm not saying move away from there as you need it for TV, but more meaningful matches around the country would be swell.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2016 at 11:57 AM, turk128 said:

Grave's glee at the realization that AoP were DiY's opponents was fantastic.

Authors of Pain are surprisingly damn fine big men given how green they are. And Sanity is getting more and more character with every match.

Yeah no kidding, AoP aren't stiffs at all. Their matches have obviously tended to follow particular formulas because of how they're being built up, but they've done everything they needed to really well. Their finisher looked a bit better in that match to me as well. Lowkey one of the better TV matches of the year imo

Always weirds me out when I see them  that they aren't in fact twins, or indeed brothers, or even the same the same ethnicity

18 hours ago, Firebreaker Chip said:

Always weirds me out when I see them  that they aren't in fact twins, or indeed brothers, or even the same the same ethnicity

Wait, aren't they both Indians/Hindu? At least they speak the same language... I'm not sure now.