DVDVR Message Board

[NOV 2016] ANIMATED WRESTLING GIF THREAD

RIPPA

On 11/24/2016 at 5:06 PM, Peck said:

Torrie_Thanksgiving_4.gif

She looks happy to be there.

Edit To keep myself out of trouble, I'm referring to the expression on her face.  She looks like she'd rather be anywhere else.  Someone needs to pair this gif with the one of Billy Corgan sitting in some sort of train car (roller coaster, maybe) and looking miserable.

16 hours ago, Iron Moose said:

of all the things to expect on the DVDVRMB, GIGLI WAS NOT ONE OF THEM, SIR.

It's still Turkey Time. I think that was the only scene I saw from that film, one day randomly airing on some network while changing channels. Didn't take long to keep changing.

We all miss the days of WCW weapons being bad props. Foam 2x4s, breakaway wooden chairs, pre-cut tables. The glory age. Did Sting's bat ever bend cause it was secretly made of like plastic?

I had an old timer tell me that everyone had a different "knucks recipe" but they usually ended up being wire or tinfoil bent into shape and wrapped in athletic tape. With that said, Kevin Sullivan's old "golden spike" looked like it could have been something of the battery operated variety.

2 hours ago, Ramsey said:

I had an old timer tell me that everyone had a different "knucks recipe" but they usually ended up being wire or tinfoil bent into shape and wrapped in athletic tape. With that said, Kevin Sullivan's old "golden spike" looked like it could have been something of the battery operated variety.

In his book, Bret said that Norman Charles, one of the Fabulous Kangaroos he worked with, just wrapped up a bunch of napkins together really tightly and put tape around it to make "knucks".

17 hours ago, Ryan said:

We all miss the days of WCW weapons being bad props. Foam 2x4s, breakaway wooden chairs, pre-cut tables. The glory age. Did Sting's bat ever bend cause it was secretly made of like plastic?

I remember Steiner's foam pipe bending a bunch. I don't recall Sting's bat bending but I do remember that Starrcade match he had with Luger where Elizabeth hit him in the face with it. She swung for the goddamn fences that time and I remember thinking, "plastic or not, that had to fucking hurt." She swung that bat about as hard as she could and hit him square in the face.

3 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

I remember Steiner's foam pipe bending a bunch. I don't recall Sting's bat bending but I do remember that Starrcade match he had with Luger where Elizabeth hit him in the face with it. She swung for the goddamn fences that time and I remember thinking, "plastic or not, that had to fucking hurt." She swung that bat about as hard as she could and hit him square in the face.

339FtL9.gif

• Like 3

7 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

was that what it always was that Flair and Regal used as knux?! I always assumed it was rubber

Not sure about Regal, but Flair definitely did - the very first house show I ever went to in 1992, Flair KOed Savage with "knux" and pinned him to apparently win the WWF title; Hebner found it after the match and DQed him.  It was very obviously a bar of soap in Hebner's hand - a local news station reported on the show, with video of the match, and even they called it out.

Reading up on knux, they actually suck if you're trying to KO someone, they're meant more to tear tissue and break bones. Real loaded gloves or weighted-knuckled gloves do a vastly better job of knocking someone out. Kind of like the bareknuckle vs boxing glove concept. Tabe could elaborate nicely on that one.