DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

I just finished "My Last Boy." Trying to get prepared... 

Spoiler

Spent all the money I could at the tailor and gunsmith but still got over a grand. I suppose I could gamble it away or get more of the legendary animal related outfits but I kinda wanna just rip off the band-aid.

Spoiler

I'm glad you guys finished it up finally so we can spread the pain around.

I don't care how hacky and cliche it is, I wouldn't have even been mad if they played Sarah McLachlan "Angel" during that scene.

• Like 1

Definitely happy I had high honor. I won't go to YouTube quite yet to see what else could've been, not til Epilogue 2 is done.  

One thing I legitimately disliked...

Spoiler

Maybe he was told to do so but sweet fuck, the actor who played Micah really made it obvious that the dude was a snake. Every line of dialogue dripped with obvious asshole-osity, that it kinda made the big reveal the least surprising thing ever. 

Finished another set of cards today. Got $100 and a necklace.

tried hunting the legendary fox but annoyingly, I shot it twice but it ran off and I couldn’t find it again in time. While in the middle of hunting it, one of the klan burnings spawned nearly but I chose to keep hunting rather than killing some racists.

also finally robbed a train. I wanted to just do the marksman challenge but I ended up killing the lawman in the caboose and since there was stuff to loot there, when in Rome. I did end up jumping off andfleeing and not shooting any birds. 

—-

before bed, took care of the legendary bull gator. Using a trick I saw on line, took him out with a dynamite arrow. 

Still salty.  

Halfway through the 1st epilogue... it's an odd set up.  You're very much doing the opening missions of another game where you have zero abilities/weapons/etc, even though it's .  And it's a huge dip from the non-stop insanity of the last 3-4 missions.  

Fuck Micah.  And since I don't remember him being in RDR1, I sincerely hope these epilogues end with you slathering him in animal fat and throwing him to the gators in Lemoyne. 

That was one of the things that frustrated me in the Epilogues

How shitty my cores were and the lack of items I had.

At one point - I had to do some hunting just to have shit to heal me

Finished Epilogue 1.  Got ambushed by the gang in the area before I had any weapons.  God damn it.  So that was a death.

So I'm riding back and my new idiot horse got scared by a cougar and bucked me off.  So that was a death.

So I'm riding back and my new idiot horse got scared by a cougar and bucked me off.  YES AGAIN.

I then kicked the cougar to death.   

JtSoLz.gif

Stupid new horse.   

• Haha 1

If I had known the stagecoach robberies would let me shoot like 12 guys without worrying about my honor taking a hit - I would have done them a lot sooner

Of the flip side - I fucking hate getting a hit to my honor when I defend myself

A dude had set up camp right next to a Dreamcatcher location. I am minding my own business trying to just get the Dreamcatcher.

He instantly starts shooting me. I defend myself and I take the rep hit.

Stupid Rockstar

Spoiler

So, apparently I picked the right time to log off before the last session. Sadie's mission was insane and awesome. Barely survived. Thank god I went to the store and got Miracle Tonic before.  I want DLC where you can play as her.  

Found Charles and got him back in the gang, only to get attacked in the subsequent mission by a ton of assholes. Barely survived.

John just bought his house (sad face emoji), and all of the sudden... the Wyatt Family's ancestors(?) came out and shot arrows and machetes through everything and everyone. 

I barely survived it, and decided to log off for the night.  

They're building to a big finale, but there's not much runway left, so I'm not sure where we go from here...  New Jerusalem is next. 

Edited by RIPPA
Still need spoilers in this thread

Two missions left in the story, and before I dive into the spoilers thread... I'm actually in a hurry to get these done but there's still been a lot of great moments and a serious feeling of going home. Can't wait to finish.

Pinkerton Consulting & Investigations (the current incarnation of the Pinkerton Agency recreated in the game) is suing Rockstar Games for, I don't know.... Money?

They are arguing that their inclusion in the game is confusing for people who think they were involved in the creation of the game and/or endorse it.  

Rockstar has said "Fair use" and told them to go screw.