DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

Just how much weird supernatural stuff does this game need? :)

between the night folk and whatever I just stumbled across in butchers creek, that’s plenty. And I’ve not even seen the ghost train or the woman in the swamp. (Plus, a bunch of other stuff I won’t spoil).

I did finally see the Klan today, near one of the Welcome-to leymone signs. 

Between Mrs Adler, Mary and Charlotte, so many unrequited love interests for poor Arthur. 

I did the challenge of dragging someone behind your horse and, in the last few hundred yards, had a random ride by and report me for assault, earning a cheap $15 bounty. 

Funny a funny glitch due to playing order. I ran into Mrs Downes in Annenburg, even though I had already done her 2 missions in chapter 6.

Also killed about a half hour playing blackjack in van horn to finally get my 5 double downs. 

I'm in Chapter 4 now, so I'm exploring the area around St. Denis, and my new horse Goldielocks (a Turkoman, née Mr. Ed IV) starts freaking out a little as I'm crossing a bridge out of town, so I look around, and o hai mister alligator sleeping on the banks.  Pull out the rifle and dead eye him once between the eyes.   Awesome, 5x big game meat, gator teeth, and a perfect alligator hide.  Cool, let's head back to town to a fence.  

"OH MY GOD, MISTER PLEASE HELP ME..."  

Oh god.  Alright, this guy's dying and I have to take him to the doctor and so I hope that if I drop the gator skin, it will still be there when I get back.  So, because I'm a stupidly good person, I take him to the doctor where I get the fuck out of town before he starts to FUCKING AMPUTATE THE GUYS ARM.  Gross.   Well, I get out of the office, and go to get on my horse, and BOOM, Arthur tackles some guy standing by the doctor's office.  Oh crap.  Now, I've randomly started a fight and I have a bounty, AND I'm in the middle of town with about 500 cops all looking to kill me.  So after being chased for goddamned EVER, I get back to the spot I'd marked where the hide should be.  And it fucking despawned.  Ugh.  

Then I raided the house of the Civil War vet stranger you find in Rhodes.  If you haven't done it... well, fuck.  That was a depressing/angering/wtf moment.  

I love this game so much. 

• Like 1

I have yet to rescue one of the guys who gets sick on the horse

First time the guy died on the way to the doctor

All other times they drop dead in front of me before I can even help them

2 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

I'm assuming you mean how your aim waivers in deadeye mode? It seems that if you eat something that refills and bolsters you're deadeye core - like thyme big game meat - you get your steady hand back.

Will try that. It seemed that chewing tobacco didn’t really help it. 

I now want to finish story mode so I can then concentrate on all the other stuff and may e Online (although that really doesn't enthuse me the way it does others here). 

I waited so long for this game, I'm not ready to give it up so quickly. And I have nothing else to get to except going back to No Man's sky.  

I am laughing my ass off as I was in the middle of one of those long cinematic cutscenes in Chapter 5

In this case - I am riding a horse back to Shady Belle

Remember I am in basically a cut scene and my horse just plows some dude carrying a bale of hay in the middle of the road.

While irritated over the bad karma I got that I had no control over it did make my day

• Like 1

I’ve already missed a couple things from early in the game, so I can’t get 100% but I want to do as many of the collectibles as I can (cards, bones, carvings,...). I think my fishing skills are too poor to do those, sadly. 

The crazier that Dutch gets, the madder I am he dies how he does in RDR. 

8 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Well, I get out of the office, and go to get on my horse, and BOOM, Arthur tackles some guy standing by the doctor's office.  Oh crap.  Now, I've randomly started a fight and I have a bounty, AND I'm in the middle of town with about 500 cops all looking to kill me.

I did the same damn thing one time in Saint Denis, I was going to get on my horse but I wasn't quite close enough to it and the Y button made me tackle some random fucker instead and so every lawman in the place descended on me because you can't fucking fart near a Saint Denis resident apparently.

Anyway, after they killed me, I killed a bunch of Saint Denis residents in an okay, I mistakenly tackled one of you fuckers last time but now I'm going to give you an excuse to come after me this time kind of way.

Then the lawmen killed me again.

Same tackle problem for me but it was a woman. Man I felt shitty. I let the cops arrest me.

Lost a bit of honor for the accidental assault but a few "Hey there!"s later and I was back to full good guy status. 

And yes, had Arthur's hair go blazing white during the cut scene where he's about to jump off the boat.

I’ve not seen the hair thing, I don’t recall. I keep him clean shaven, so can’t speak about the beard.

my issue has been trying to greet someone only to pull a gun on them. 

A new one tonight was trying to shoot a lock open and I got a warning for disturbing the peace and then B&E.

since we were in the woods, I chased the witness down and shot him before it was too late.