DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

It's amazing how quickly you can go from "attempting to play as a good guy" to a 2 dozen man murder rampage and a $200 bounty in every territory you've discovered so far.  

I blame the game for showing me stables and all the money I could spend there, making me broke and hungry for a dollar.  

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well I clearly won't be going back to Valentine for awhile...

I've gone back to do some robberies after what I think you are referencing here.  I may never have enough money to pay off that bounty by the time I'm done.

My bounty is only $60 so I can already pay that off (and that's not counting the gold bar I have to sell)

I am a little disappointed thought since based on a comment Molly made, it looks like I missed an opportunity to rob a bank

I only got a $90 bounty from the unpleasantness in Valentine, which seems like a pretty good bargain to me.

I got $50 for stealing that damned oil wagon AND I forgot to whistle for my horse to follow so I ended up in the middle of nowhere without a horse at the end.

If I read the screen correctly - mine is only $60

Fucking Micah got a $300 earlier - so 60 is a drop in the bucket.

I wonder if it takes into account number of people killed

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

If I read the screen correctly - mine is only $60

Fucking Micah got a $300 earlier - so 60 is a drop in the bucket.

I wonder if it takes into account number of people killed

The original bounty was about $60, but when you go back and rob all the stores it goes up exponentially. 

I've saved two women who were tied up on horses today...

One said nothing, hopped on the horse she was being carried on and rode away.

As soon as I untied the next one, she started accusing me of following her and ran away.

Women ...

I know I'm already way behind everyone else, but A Quiet Time is amazing.

Looking at the requirements to gold star the mission, there is so much more that I need to go back and do for it.

• Like 1

Ok fuck horses - I didn’t know there were domestic cats in this game.  

I want to be a Wild West crazy cat lady so bad now.  

I found one in a random farm that I was busy praising and not noticing the farm owner getting more and more upset at me still being on his property so he starts shooting at us!  

Well I won’t stand for that kind of violence towards my new kitty friend so I got the guy hog-tied and played a game of “how many throwing knifes can I hit you with before you die?”

It wasn’t nearly as many as I had hoped.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, CSC said:

Ok fuck horses - I didn’t know there were domestic cats in this game.  

I want to be a Wild West crazy cat lady so bad now.  

I found one in a random farm that I was busy praising and not noticing the farm owner getting more and more upset at me still being on his property so he starts shooting at us!  

Well I won’t stand for that kind of violence towards my new kitty friend so I got the guy hog-tied and played a game of “how many throwing knifes can I hit you with before you die?”

It wasn’t nearly as many as I had hoped.  

Dude, me and rukered did that every time we were wrapping up an online session on the first r.d.r. Im sure the tradition will continue with this one. 

I must have got lucky with the GTA thread. I've bookmarked both but the GTA thread goes to the last page. This one doesn't. Im so far behind in this thread I may never catch up. 

34 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I killed a grizzly bear up north that was in the middle of a frozen lake. I thought for sure I would fall through trying to carry his pelt back to my horse.

Yeah, I did this too on my way to meeting up with one of the gunslingers. Walking across that frozen lake felt...harrowing.

Played just long enough to collect on a debt and do one mission. 

First time I tried to collected the debt, I got about 2/3 of the way there and got murdered, badly.  Got curb stomped.  I never had time to even figure out who they were.  They shouted something like "there he is", and then 10000 bullets hit me at once.

Second time I had no problem.  Then I stopped to help some lady on the way back.  She tried to rob me with the help of some guys, so they all had to go.  Then somebody came out to investigate the murders I'd just committed in self defense.  He had to go, as did the second witness that showed up while I was looting the first one's body.

The mission was batshit crazy

Spoiler

RIP Kieran.  Poor bastard got his head handed to him, literally.

Then Mrs. Adler and I shot about an endless number of Lemoyne Raiders.  I'm hoping she and Lenny make it out of this alive, but I figure her character arc is pretty clearly headed for a death wish.

• Like 1