DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

I've seen that one, as well as an entire family wiped out from smoke inhalation, a frozen couple up in the mountains, a dead fortune teller lady(?), and a shipwrecked corpse that 

Spoiler

actually wasn't dead yet and had a letter for me to give to Bonnie MacFarlane

I found the cult cabin with the skeletons early on, since it's near the first treasure. 

I've not found a lot of the weirder ones but Ive been trying to stick to just missions and stranger stuff. 

Now that I'm mainly in St Denis, there are a couple of the more infamous encounters I'm waiting to do. 

Speaking of Marko - I literally got to the door of his place and got jumped by a cougar.

Then after I finished the mission I decided to hunt the legendary moose (since its right there) and I got jumped by a cougar again

So fuck all of you who are "Oh I never see cougars!"

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Speaking of Marko - I literally got to the door of his place and got jumped by a cougar.

Then after I finished the mission I decided to hunt the legendary moose (since its right there) and I got jumped by a cougar again

I've been knocked off my horse on three different occasions because kitty kitty came out of nowhere and spooked her. I'm with you.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I’ve seen two.  One in the epilogue, the other in online

I barely survived a cougar attack in online, but still have yet to see one in the wild in singleplayer.

I had to laugh at an article I read yesterday. The author was complaining that Saint Denis online is empty and it feels weird compared to singleplayer.

Like - haven't we all complained about getting the law on you because you accidentally sneezed near a St Denis resident? And now this guy is bitching that it's empty? Fuck em - I'm glad there's barely anyone in town.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I've got to the hunting challenge where you have to kill 5 cougars with a bow and arrow, and haven't seen a single cougar since.  Maybe I need to go way north, because I've never seen a moose either.  The problem with that is I'm south of Blackwater, and it legit takes 20+ real life minutes to ride a horse that far.  Yesterday I went to go visit Hamish, and decided to put on the cinematic camera and go make something to eat.  When I got back my controller was off, and I figured I was going to be just standing around outside of Hamish's house.  I turned my controller back on, and found that the game paused and I still had at least 5 more minutes of riding to do before I made it.

Apparently there is a bug with Moose spawn rates - I stumbled across a couple of threads about it earlier today because I couldn't get the Legendary Moose to spawn (Thanks fucking cougar)

So it wouldn't surprise me if cougars were also bugged.

But yeah - go all the way North. As I said - I got attacked two in front of Marko's place so you might have luck out there.

6 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

According to the app, I have killed (or registered I guess) 1 cougar, 3 kinds of foxes, a coyote but no Panthers. 

Well considering you said yourself you ran from it - that would explain why you have no Panthers

The more I play this, and I've played it a lot, the more I want the next installment to take place in ~1865 with a trio of protagonists a la GTA V: Hamish, Landon Ricketts, and Rains Fall. That would give you access to the Civil War, American Indian Wars, and height of the gunslingers with all three. I hope we don't have to wait another eight years but I get it. I also get that the overarching theme of both Red Deads is the taming of the West and going to the height of the Wild West would work against a great deal of that, but it would make for a helluva game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Oyaji said:

The more I play this, and I've played it a lot, the more I want the next installment to take place in ~1865 with a trio of protagonists a la GTA V: Hamish, Landon Ricketts, and Rains Fall. That would give you access to the Civil War, American Indian Wars, and height of the gunslingers with all three. I hope we don't have to wait another eight years but I get it. I also get that the overarching theme of both Red Deads is the taming of the West and going to the height of the Wild West would work against a great deal of that, but it would make for a helluva game.

Give me the Dutch/Hosea gunslinger/conman combo that takes in Arthur and John and teaches them the game.  We get to see Dutch when his ideals were worth fighting for, and why so many people were willing to live and die fighting with him.  Plus we get Arthur/John, Abigail/Mary, and it all leads to the events that start the O'Driscoll feud.  

I never want to see the character Dutch van der Linde again. I feel like seeing everybody follow around that charlatan blindly for the first 3/4s of the story really made it hard to appreciate the narrative. Please, no.

• Like 1

After the chat the other day, I ended up defending a stranger from a cougar. Took one shot from my horse, got thrown, had to shoot from the ground, but at least did not die. 

Also ended up killing the farmers at Rosemary Creek after they fired on me first for not leaving quick enough.