DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

1 hour ago, RUkered said:

Finally finished the story last night. Damn good game, although...

Hide contents

FUCK YOU DUTCH. I wanted to be the one to kill Micah.

Spoiler

Didn't you have to shoot him too?  I had to put 6 bullets in that fucker's neck to put him down.

After I got done, I stole a train so I could wander around the new areas that opened up.

Yeah, you're right, Robert. I totally spaced on that part for some reason. I swear it had nothing to do with two beer.

Spoiler

I still haven't been to most of the "RDR1" parts of the map. Only the ones where the story took me. Figure I'll check that out before I start a second playthrough as a complete asshole.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

For the first time - I had a mission get so buggy that it locked up and I had to restart.

Not bad that it finally happened now considering how much time I have put in

I've had a couple floating beer bottles, and little stuff like that, but the game is remarkably bug-free.  Between this, God of War, and Spider-Man, this year has been full of great games that have very few technical hiccups.

• Like 1

The only thing I experienced the entire game, and I'm not even sure it was a bug - was when Charles and someone else I can't remember were following me.

They were going so slow and wouldn't catch up, so I had to trot alllllll the way back to the mission marker. Took for hell and ever.

I was going to just leave them, assuming the cutscene would catch them back up, but the dialogue was screwing up until they got close enough for me to hear them. Just the same first three words of a sentence repeated over and over and over until I stopped my horse to let them catch up. Maddening.

• Like 1

Ironically mine was with Charles too.

Basically I think I did something at the same exact time he did and the game couldn't process two dialogues at once and just went "Yup - this will not progress any further"

I restarted the mission and it worked fine

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So is the guy who can't stop getting fucking bit by snakes

I beat the game and have just been riding around checking stuff out and looking for random encounters.

Ran into that asshole again tonight. THIRD time bitten. If I hadn't played the whole game with a good honor rating, I'd have shot him in the face right then and there. Don't need that shit in the gene pool.

• Haha 3

I am having a goddamn bastard of a time trying to catch the legendary catfish. I caught and mailed all of the original 13 to Jeremy Gill last night. Today, I met up with him at his place and we rode off to Rio Bravo (hey cool, finally utilizing that part of the map, mission-wise). 

From what I’ve read this thing is very, very rare and incredibly difficult to catch. All I’m getting are decent sized bass. Which is good for my pescatarian diet. 

I’m surprised there hasn’t been a missing persons alert issued on my behalf, as I have been in my actual house twice in the 3 weeks I’ve had the joint. I was scolded for not doing chores the last time I was there. But that’s not my problem, and what Uncle and Jack are for. My purpose in 1907 is to ride around with the lowest possible honor, fish, hunt for sport and kill Klansmen. 

Speaking of the latter, I really needed the Curb theme to kick in the other night. I was running around the woods like Elias in “Platoon”, shooting Murfrees (or whoever’s space I invaded) when I stumbled upon three Klansmen arguing. Now, I know what plays out after a friend informed me later. However, I didn’t have any patience at the time. So, I threw a Hail Mary firebomb at them and had a good laugh. Only to watch the fire creep over and ignite the cross. Whoops. 

So for those who've gone to Blackwater and beat the game or whatever... Is Herbert Moon in this thing and when I kill him will it cause distortions in the space time continuum? Other working theories: Herbert Moon is a Highlander & Herbert Moon was Ra's al Ghul this whole time.

giphy.gif

I would find the nearest bridge.

edit: although this game is basically a top heavy Shane McMahon simulator in that you can fall from great heights but always manage to land headfirst even when it shouldn't be.

• Haha 2

Did the first thing (non mission specific) where I regretted my actions

Came across a group of Raiders lamenting about the old days.

Lobbed two fire bottles into the camp and burned the whole fucking thing down

Forgot that you can't loot burned corpses thus why I regretted my actions

• Haha 1