DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

So, I was hunting the legendary beaver 

Spoiler

giphy.gif

and it was dark as hell so I decided to set up camp.  In the middle of the night I was approached by two dudes and let me tell you every gang in this game gets more and more horrifying.  The O'Driscolls are jerks, the Lemoyne Raiders are racists, but these dudes are flat out frightening.  I know there are still more gangs, but I don't see how they can top these dudes.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh that reminds me - I have escalated things enough with the Raiders that they jumped me with a fucking Gatling gun.

My wife was like "Boy they really don't like you"

Yeah, I think the Raiders hate me the most too.  I can't go anywhere in Lemoyne without those assholes trying to attack me.  They're worse than bounty hunters when you are wanted dead or alive.  At least with the bounty hunters, you can pay off your bounty.

On 11/14/2018 at 2:20 PM, Robert C said:

The epilogue never ends.  I'm convinced of that now.

Holy shit - were you ever correct on this one. It took me probably an hour or two of playing to wrap up chapter 6 last night, and then I thought, "Well, I'd like to see this thing through tonight, so I'm going to play until it's done."

I swear I think I played - between the rest of chapter 6 and the epilogue - a solid 5-6 straight hours last night and I'm really not that far into the second part.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2018 at 11:39 PM, RUkered said:

Come on...give me one, Rippa.

I have been actively avoiding this mission from Bill that popped up because I feel no good will come from it so I will preemptively add a “Fuck You Bill Williamson”

Spoiler

The mission where Arthur is about to get stabbed to death and Dutch just walks off...

Even my wife, who is barely invested in the story but has watched me play enough to know a little bit about what's going on, said out loud, "Oh....oh wow. Fuck that guy."

YOU HEAR THAT, DUTCH? EVEN PEOPLE NOT PLAYING THE GAME THINK YOU'RE A PIECE OF SHIT.

I was so happy I got to fist fight Micah, but I was hoping I could throw him over that cliff. I also hoped to at least sock Dutch in the face once too.

Now I'm just hoping Marston gets a chance to before the epilogue is over.

• Like 1

Man, fuck that Saint Denis bank robbery and FUCK Guarma. That shit led me to lose around $6000, my damn horse (named Horsey McHorse) I'd had for a billion years, all my murder souvenirs I looted from dead fuckers (only some of them deserved to die too) that I hadn't fenced yet AND my spiffy top hat I splashed cash money on in the tailors. 

Fuck Dutch too.

OK, how many people are going to finish RDR2 and then immediately start playing RDR1 because they know you get to kill Dutch at the end (of the main story; not the end of the game)?

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

I am now knee deep in the Grey vs Braithwaite feud. I cant imagine this will end well for the star-crossed lovers. 

You are pretty much exactly where I am.

I realized that while I want to advance the story, I don't want to advance the story because nothing good is gonna happen

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

You are pretty much exactly where I am.

I realized that while I want to advance the story, I don't want to advance the story because nothing good is gonna happen

I had to grind all those missions out in quick succession because I really didn't like the swamp setting

Just finished chapter 3 last night after spending the majority of the last week plus farting around with hunting, fishing, exploration, and challenges for the exact reasons Odessa and RIPPA mentioned.

Spoiler

Seems obvious to me that the son of that debtor whom Morgan beat to death will be the guy to put a bullet in the back of Arthur. That line about not being upset about killing was basically a death sentence. While it was somewhat out of character for how I've been trying to play and kind of pissed me off, it was the perfect line at the perfect time to the perfect recipients for end game foreshadowing. 

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I bought all the special lures from the bait shop and have no spend far too long trying to catch that legendary fish near camp

It takes entirely too long to catch legendary fish.  The worst is when you actually get one fairly quickly, and then you realize it's just a damn muskie.  I hate muskies more than Lemoyne Raiders.