DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

The upside is that you get a bonus to stamina if you are underweight (though the damage you can take is less)

Of course the opposite is true if you are the other way around.

I am always underweight too since I only tend to eat if my cores are damaged instead of just eating for the sake of eating

26 minutes ago, RUkered said:

Apparently my Arthur is anorexic. Every time I check, he's underweight, so I ate all 10 assorted biscuits I had and then ate a stew bowl at camp. Did the mission where

Reveal hidden contents

The O'Driscolls attack the camp and Sadie shows her badassery finally

And checked my weight again. Still underweight. Apparently I need to trade in the treadmill for gun fights to get in shape.

I got a warning that he's at minimum weight last night.  I don't think I've fed the poor bastard once.

Finally, my first Klan encounter. Waited until the cunts actually burnt the cross then chucked in a couple of sticks of dynamite, dead eye on, picked off the rest of them with rifle headshots and then piled all their bodies on top of each other at the foot of the burning cross to create a little KKK bonfire of my own.

And, yet, still it wasn't satisfying enough. I still wish you could skin humans...

Also got pickpocketed in Saint Denis but then I'M the one who gets the bounty for chasing down and beating the dude to death? Granted the punishment doesn't fit the crime for the $4 he stole probably to feed his hungry children but, still, Saint Denis is my town and that's some bullshit.

Ah, who am I kidding, I still love you, Saint Denis.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RUkered said:

Apparently my Arthur is anorexic. Every time I check, he's underweight, so I ate all 10 assorted biscuits I had and then ate a stew bowl at camp. Did the mission where

Reveal hidden contents

The O'Driscolls attack the camp and Sadie shows her badassery finally

And checked my weight again. Still underweight. Apparently I need to trade in the treadmill for gun fights to get in shape.

You know how they really wanted to make the game as realistic as possible? Have you eaten anything that was undercooked at any point? Because I wouldn't put it past them putting tapeworms in the game.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, AxB said:

You know how they really wanted to make the game as realistic as possible? Have you eaten anything that was undercooked at any point? Because I wouldn't put it past them putting tapeworms in the game.

That would be amazing. Are there any patent medicines in the game? Where’s Nigel West Dickens’s renowned elixir when you need it?

1 hour ago, Hamhock said:

That would be amazing. Are there any patent medicines in the game? Where’s Nigel West Dickens’s renowned elixir when you need it?

Damn it. I had repressed all memory of his annoying voice. "HOOOOO MY DEAR BOY...."

I really want to go back and play the first one again to see how many people I forgot about. I know Bill and Dutch and that's about it.

Since I think I'm getting close to the end...

Spoiler

I'm on the island and Dutch implied a minute ago that he thinks John and Abigail might be betraying the group. I'm guessing this is what causes the bad blood between them in RDR1.

For anyone at this part in the game, is it almost over?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RUkered said:

Damn it. I had repressed all memory of his annoying voice. "HOOOOO MY DEAR BOY...."

I really want to go back and play the first one again to see how many people I forgot about. I know Bill and Dutch and that's about it.

Since I think I'm getting close to the end...

Hide contents

I'm on the island and Dutch implied a minute ago that he thinks John and Abigail might be betraying the group. I'm guessing this is what causes the bad blood between them in RDR1.

For anyone at this part in the game, is it almost over?

I"m about 5 missions past you.  Feels like a bunch of new stuff opened up, so I really don't know.

Killing members of the Klan in this game isn't nearly as fun as doing it in Mafia 3.  Using a Release German to catapult a murderous racist into a burning cross never got old.

Other than that, so far so good.

20 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am always underweight too since I only tend to eat if my cores are damaged instead of just eating for the sake of eating.

I try to stay as healthy and well groomed as I can, but I think I mentally resist eating for the sake of eating because I hated doing it in EverQuest.

You had to "eat" every 9 game hours, otherwise you'd get the YOU ARE HUNGRY message and you'd start losing stamina and health if you did not use your food consumables.

Being forced to eat meals in a fucking video game is stupid, but at least it's not as bad as Shemue when I had a pet cat and had to get home to feed it regularly.

11 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Given the median age of posters here ...

I don't know what you old fogies are talking about. I'm totally 17, give or take a couple of decades...

Anyway, I started a new chapter last night. The end is nigh and I can already tell I'm doing a second playthrough the minute I'm done. (Until online launches - then all bets are off.)

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I think I'm starting to like Arthur more than Marston. Dude is a great character. To the shock of no one who has heard me in party chat, I am freaking my wife out with my impression of him. Apparently it's pretty spot-on.

• Like 1

I wasn't expecting 

Spoiler

Cornwall

to go out in a pre mission cutscene.

Also bye to 

Spoiler

the reverend and Josiah.  Things are getting mighty lonely around camp.

I better get to shove a stick of dynamite somewhere that's very personal to Micah.  Somehow, he just keeps getting more annoying.

Don't open this one if you're not late into the game - chapter 5 or so.

Spoiler

I got legitimately sad when Arthur got the tuberculosis diagnosis. Now I'm wondering who I will play as, a la Jack Marston, if he dies when the story is over. Kind of hope it's Sadie.

Kudos to the writers for making me have actual feelings over a video game character.

I can tell I'm getting close to the end, and I have gone against my usual grain and have tried to take my time and not just blow through the story to see what happens. That being said, now that I am trying to see the ending, I have an endless slew of stranger missions popping up that are distracting me.

• Like 1

I saw something that said there are 6 chapters (and an Epilogue)

So I guess use that as your guide as to how close you are getting.

And you can definitely do stuff after you finish the main story

(I am still basically at the beginning of Chapter 3 - partly because I am trying to do random side shit)

Well there is a difference

The random white dots that pop - those happen over and over

The white things that show up that look like the yellow missions - some of those are time sensitive and if you advance the main story too far, they will disappear (Remember what happened when you waited too long to save Jack in ME3?)

1 hour ago, RUkered said:

Don't open this one if you're not late into the game - chapter 5 or so.

Hide contents

I got legitimately sad when Arthur got the tuberculosis diagnosis. Now I'm wondering who I will play as, a la Jack Marston, if he dies when the story is over. Kind of hope it's Sadie.

Kudos to the writers for making me have actual feelings over a video game character.

I can tell I'm getting close to the end, and I have gone against my usual grain and have tried to take my time and not just blow through the story to see what happens. That being said, now that I am trying to see the ending, I have an endless slew of stranger missions popping up that are distracting me.

Been waiting for somebody to get to that.

Spoiler

I'd been waiting for him to start coughing since chapter 2, when the debtor in Valentine coughed in his face.  At least one of my suspicions/theories came true.