DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

4 hours ago, Robert C said:

Played just long enough to collect on a debt and do one mission. 

First time I tried to collected the debt, I got about 2/3 of the way there and got murdered, badly.  Got curb stomped.  I never had time to even figure out who they were.  They shouted something like "there he is", and then 10000 bullets hit me at once.

Second time I had no problem.  Then I stopped to help some lady on the way back.  She tried to rob me with the help of some guys, so they all had to go.  Then somebody came out to investigate the murders I'd just committed in self defense.  He had to go, as did the second witness that showed up while I was looting the first one's body.

Reminds me of a line from Dorkin's World's Funnest book. "The little fattie's gone Blood Simple!"

There are 2 things on red dead games I get help from online. I find where a fast horse is pretty quickly. I hate riding ol' mule around. I have a pretty quick horse and his name is Pail. Kinda goes hand in hand with "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death" A pale horse named Pail I liked it. 

The other thing I get help with is those damn treasure maps. I don't know how anybody can find them legit. But then again I'm usually like Doc Holliday, see double but luckily I have two guns one for each of ya. 

I'm gone for about 10 days starting tomorrow. Hope online is kickin when I get back. 

Is anybody having trouble with some of the home robberies? It says unavailable due to my recent crimes or somethin like that. Really, I've got to be good before I can kick in somebody's door stick a double barrel up their nose and take their money. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Casey said:

I’m choosing to believe the Braithwaite family are descendants of Bobcat Goldthwait.

I was going to try to phonetically type out some Braithwaite dialog in his voice, but I realized that shit is basically impossible since his stage voice sounds like somebody finger diddling a party whistle.

Is anyone else having an issue with icons disappearing? I used to see two trapper icons on the map, and now the only one available is the dude in St Denis. Then last night, I was going to drop off my first perfect pelt to the butcher in Strawberry, but his icon was missing as well. Fortunately, I remembered where he was and he was still there and I was able to sell to him, but I don't know if it's something I fucked up or it's just a glitch.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RUkered said:

Is anyone else having an issue with icons disappearing? I used to see two trapper icons on the map, and now the only one available is the dude in St Denis. Then last night, I was going to drop off my first perfect pelt to the butcher in Strawberry, but his icon was missing as well. Fortunately, I remembered where he was and he was still there and I was able to sell to him, but I don't know if it's something I fucked up or it's just a glitch.

The only permanent trapper location is the dude in St Denis

The rest are travelling merchants - that is why the icon will disappear, he moved to a new location and if you haven't visited that area yet, it won't show on your map

• Thanks 1

After never getting them - I got TWO wagon holdups yesterday

The first one was an unmitigated disaster. I showed up right as the dude shot the wagon driver. I killed all of them. The game is like "You can sell this wagon to a fence". So I am all Sweet!

Shocker - as soon as I start looting the dead bodies, two guys on horseback show up and are now witnesses. I try to diffuse the situation but the dude doesn't believe me and starts riding off to report murder. I shoot him in the back but don't kill him. This somehow changes the bounty from Murder to Assault... so winning???? Anyway - I can't chase the dude down because with all the shooting my horse has fucking vanished. I get in the wagon and high tail it so I can get out of the searching area. I proceed to drive straight over a stone wall that the wagon gets stuck on. In my panic in trying to get off the wagon, I hit the wrong button and shoot one of the two horses pulling said wagon dead. So I just looted the wagon and left.

The second one was WAY easier. The only issue being that the wagon fence is Shemus and he is fucking forever away. I must have blown past 4 different events since all I wanted to do was deliver this wagon.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

After never getting them - I got TWO wagon holdups yesterday

The first one was an unmitigated disaster. I showed up right as the dude shot the wagon driver. I killed all of them. The game is like "You can sell this wagon to a fence". So I am all Sweet!

Shocker - as soon as I start looting the dead bodies, two guys on horseback show up and are now witnesses. I try to diffuse the situation but the dude doesn't believe me and starts riding off to report murder. I shoot him in the back but don't kill him. This somehow changes the bounty from Murder to Assault... so winning???? Anyway - I can't chase the dude down because with all the shooting my horse has fucking vanished. I get in the wagon and high tail it so I can get out of the searching area. I proceed to drive straight over a stone wall that the wagon gets stuck on. In my panic in trying to get off the wagon, I hit the wrong button and shoot one of the two horses pulling said wagon dead. So I just looted the wagon and left.

The second one was WAY easier. The only issue being that the wagon fence is Shemus and he is fucking forever away. I must have blown past 4 different events since all I wanted to do was deliver this wagon.

This is how I am with legendary pelts. I know you can still sell them even if you lose it, but it's an immersion thing for me or something.

"Can you spare some change for a blind man?"

"Sorry bout your damn luck. I have a pelt worth at least $30 to deliver when I have almost 3 grand and don't need the money." Charitable in this game, I am not.

I have run across two wagon holdups and haven't been able to save the people yet. It just reminds me of how shitty I was at saving people from a hanging in Red Dead 1.

Also, pro tip for anyone who wants to break a horse if you're an absolute moron like I am. I spent about 30 minutes just trying to get that white Arabian horse up by the lake in the northwest corner of the map because I misinterpreted the instructions. Don't push the left stick in; pull it down toward you. 

• Like 1

See how in GTA5 online there were two missions that give you weapons for RDR2, the Gold revolver and the Stone Tomahawk (although that one, it just says you can find it in RDR2, you don't just get it at the start or anything). Are they any good? Does the Tomahawk give you berserk mode like it does in GTA?

On 11/4/2018 at 2:21 AM, christopher.annino said:

I like giving little Jack shit. Fuck that kid.

'Hey, Jack, you want me to take time out of my busy schedule of throwing O'Driscoll carcasses off cliffs, joyriding on stolen trains and shooting blind fortune tellers in the head from point blank range with a shotgun to take you fishing?'

'Okay, well, I'll just sit here bitching and whining about how boring it is in the most irritating voice imaginable.'

'Fuck you, Jack, you little shit. I should throw you off a damn cliff.'

• Like 2

I spent way too long trying to find the edge of the park like I'm Ed Harris in Westworld. While way out west I get mauled deader than dead by this fucking bear who blind sided me like a huge hairy ninja because, in a panic, I forgot where the fucking B button was and by the time I tried to remedy myself, it was too late. Spent the next half hour trying to find this bear (or at least, a bear, cause I figure it's either gotta be him or someone related to him, a 2nd cousin maybe) so I could shoot him repeatedly in his big, dumb, cuddly, ferocious face. 

I also got bitten on the foot by a rodent. Little fucker.

Wanted man in Strawberry now after stealing the general store's illegal moonshine stash from the basement. But the law weren't after me for that, I could have just walked away with the $50 and the shopkeeper wouldn't have reported it but, nooooo, I had to steal a measly $5 from the till and a few supplies from the store.

And shoot the shopkeeper, to be fair.

And throw dynamite at the lawmen but I only killed maybe 2 or 5 of them on my way out of there, what's the big deal?

• Haha 2

So I finally went and discovered Saint Denis

As soon as I get there, my horse gets run over by some dude in a carriage and I am like "Well - I am gonna have to shoot up this whole town now" but somehow my horse lived

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

I ended up going there right after the Black Belle mission, as I was riding away and found an injured guy on the side of the road who needed the Doctor there. 

I was over in the area for another reason that I don't remember and a lady needed a ride back because her horse died

I was riding south of Rhodes and my horse would not go across a swamp bridge. I saw a small gator that I killed. I whistled for him and he came halfway across the bridge and then ran away. Then I turned around and saw a big gator nearby. Which then killed me even though I had shot in the head a couple times. 

Holy shit, Mongo seems pretty accurate for what I am in this game. I'm both the dumbest motherfucker and the meanest motherfucker and that's not a good combination. I only wish I could knock horses the fuck out with a single punch though. And I hate candy.

Yeah, large parts of my map are red as fuck now because I am dumb and mean. I had paid off a bunch of bounties and tried being a nice guy but life just isn't as fun if your whole world isn't surrounded by red. I just chug down a bunch of dead eye shit and kill the fuck out of bounty hunters on my tail and if I die, I die. I have enough money now that I don't miss it that much. Besides, I don't buy that much anyway, although I did splash out on a new coat and a haircut in Saint Denis and I'm now a shaven headed, moustachioed, duster sporting dumb and mean motherfucker.

Shit, I don't even do that much of the actual story, I'm only now at the new camp and whatnot.

• Haha 3