DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Yeah, I'm pretty much fucked with all these bounties I've racked up because I'm an idiot. So, I'm doing one of the stranger missions where you have to collect photos of the gunslingers and I kill the one dude on top of the train but then I go and shoot the fucking train driver, steal the train and joyride around half the fucking map in this train. I mean, it was a great way to see the world but every new place the train went into I got another bounty because I was on a STOLEN FUCKING TRAIN. Idiot. 

Well, I know what I'm doing tonight now.

I rescued a lady who had a horse fall on her. I offered her a ride back to valentine but took too long figuring out how to get her on the horse, so she walked off. Of course, I head shot her and looted the body, which got me a craft item. 

Also, found Emerald Ranch and spent 15 minutes IDing all the animals for the compendium.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robert C said:

I ran into some lady that had been kidnapped and thrown over the back of a horse.  Tried to shoot her kidnapper in the back and ended up shooting her instead.  I'm gonna stick to robbing folks.

I ran into the dude's horse, knocking us all over and killing the kidnapper and the lady.

You and I should quit the hero game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

This dude was in the mood for shooting some bottles or some shit and challenged me to a sharpshooter challenge.  So I shot him in the head and took the prize money and his hat.

I took too long to start the game, so he quit on me. Your approach sounds more productive.

RE: bayou comments from earlier — the random interaction activity with the homeless hick whose property you have to reclaim from True Detective style, machete wielding “night folk” is a pretty damn spooky one. Don’t do it in the dark.

I got jumped by a gang of 6 random dudes. They weren't O'Driscolls, but I killed them all. We also were right by a railroad crossing. So I did what anyone should do and I stacked the bodies on the railroad tracks. 

Truly my finest work. To steal a line from Game of Thrones, if I were a painter, my favorite color would be red. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Speaking of spooky, did anyone else comes across the cult suicide cabin in the woods after retrieving one of the early bounties?

Yeah

I hope you checked the chimney in said cabin

• Like 1

I was trying to get on my horse outside of the saloon in Valentine, and instead of getting on my horse Arthur decides to grab a passerby in a chokehold.  So, the cops came and told me to get out of town.  I walk a couple of steps, realize my horse isn't following me, so I turn around to grab him and the cops start shooting at me.  So, now I have a bounty in every area that I have access to, which just makes life difficult.

• Haha 2

I think I'm done trying to be nice.

Tried saving a guy who got his leg caught in a bear trap - put him on my horse to take him to the nearest doctor, ran into a tree, killed him.

Found a woman who wanted me to take her to Emerald Ranch.  Sure, no problem.  That is until my horse trips over a giant rock, rolls on top of her and kills her.

A hear someone screaming to help them so I ride toward the noise, see a guy in a cage surrounded by 4 guys so without thinking I dead eye them all before realizing they're Lemoyne Raiders.  The prisoner then turns around and tells me he's going to rat me out so of course I had to kill him too.  Then an innocent couple comes riding by on a couple horses triggering that the scene is being investigated so they had to die too.

I mean ... on the bright side with all the dead bodies I've had to loot, I have like $250 saved up but my honor is down the drain. 

And all of this was just while trying to find the first of the 4 legendary gunslingers.

Also got shot at by like half a dozen ranch owners but maybe if they didn't want me coming to check out their property, they shouldn't have black plumes of smoke coming out of their chimneys.

• Haha 3

This game is like Breath of the Wild in that there are systems on top of systems, and how much you enjoy the game depends on how much you enjoy those systems and how they interact. 

For me, I'm sort of playing it, and it's fun enough, but I'd trade all the wacky systems for more polish and tightness. I think that for me, I want something between RDRedemption 2/BotW and the icon-heavy, checklist style of a typical Ubi open world game. 

I'm paranoid that I'm going to miss out on random stuff happening by using cinematic mode, although I did use it for awhile when trying to find Flaco Herdandez because I almost rode off a mountain a few too many times.

Also ... as much as I don't want to re-do the last 3 hours of playing that I did - everywhere I read today is like BE PICK TO PICK UP THE GUNSLINGERS GUNS DURING THEIR QUESTS, which of course I didn't because I couldn't figure out how to stash my current weapons on my horse so that I had the extra slot to pick it up. 

Just now, CSC said:

I'm paranoid that I'm going to miss out on random stuff happening by using cinematic mode, although I did use it for awhile when trying to find Flaco Herdandez because I almost rode off a mountain a few too many times.

Well you will get interrupted if you are jumped by something (or your horse tries to ride straight up a mountain like mine did last night)

And all the stranger missions will repeat until you do them

I almost always use cinematic to complete a quest so a random fucking thing doesn't fuck me over

20 minutes ago, CSC said:

Also ... as much as I don't want to re-do the last 3 hours of playing that I did - everywhere I read today is like BE PICK TO PICK UP THE GUNSLINGERS GUNS DURING THEIR QUESTS, which of course I didn't because I couldn't figure out how to stash my current weapons on my horse so that I had the extra slot to pick it up. 

You don't have to stash the guns, they'll just end up on your horse with everything else.

Anyone run into the mad preacher bathing in a river talking to himself? I found him on. My way to Valentine, but he didn’t interact with me. 

I did kill my first bear. Well, to be fair, he mauled me and then I restarted and then killed him. I foolishly had gotten off my horse wielding my bow and arrow and not my shotgun, so when he charged me, I was SOL. 

11 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Anyone run into the mad preacher bathing in a river talking to himself? I found him on. My way to Valentine, but he didn’t interact with me. 

I just did last night and was too wondering if there was anything beyond his crazy ramblings

By the way - if you haven't looked yet - you can look through the achievements to see some of the types of the things the game is gonna want you to do in Online

You fuckers won't know where to put all your horses