DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

I killed a legendary bear, and at some point toppled my horse and lost everything but didn't know it until the game told me I had abandoned the pelt. Pretty pissed about that. 

Also at one point while riding at night came across 3 floating lanterns. Weird but cool glitch.

I am irritated because I got jumped by some wolves so I killed them and put the pelts on my horse.

I then gave a lady a ride and when she got off the pelts were gone. Guess they stuck to her ass or something 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Robert C said:

Accidentally comitted my first murder.  Meant to punch some guy and shot him instead.  Followed it up with my second one because some guy saw me.  Oops. 

I decided to try for now to be a good guy, so I didnt kill the first O'Driscoll guy in the barn. 

I spent most of the morning hunting after getting to the spot where you set up camp near Valentine.  Got a few deer and a couple elk.  I  even managed to get the legendary bear turned into the trapper, and got paid a decent amount for it.  I killed a cougar near the camp that had some guy up a tree, but after I skinned it and was packing it over to put on my horse, a bunch of o'driscoll's rode up on me about 7 deep.  They killed the shit out of me, quick like.  I guess they took my hide.  

Also, I...helped a guy out that had been bitten by a rattlesnake and ran into him again outside of the gunsmith.  He told me to go inside the gunsmith and pick something out, but the guy next to him was being a dick, so I chose antagonize on him. As dick #1 left, he bumped into another asshole on the street and I *might* have antagonized dick #2 accidentally.  Well, I went into the gunsmith, and as I'm looking through his wares, dick #2 busts through the door and starts kicking the shit out of me inside the gunsmith's shop.  I open up a can of whoop ass on dick #2, then the gunsmith gets shitty about it and wants a shot at the title.  Not wanting to lose all gun store privileges, I bounce.  In doing so, it seems I lost my freebie for saving the snake bite dude.

tl:dr - went hunting, killed some shit.  Sucked-off a rando npc innawoods, got stiffed on payment  ?

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

There really needs to be a way to skip animations while playing dominoes 

RB doesn't work?  It does on poker (I took everyone's money at the train station poker game, ended up with about $20).

Edit- also, losing your hat in rdr2 was a top story on twitter yesterday

Edited by misanthrope304
Lost my hat

So this morning I killed a guy that I feel like I could have probably not killed.

Then I took a selfie next to his corpse

Then I slaughtered his pigs

I am a dick

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Finally got on for like half an hour this morning and I already want to murder most of my gang for yelling at me half a dozen times that I was taking too long looting that cabin we first came across.  

• Haha 1

Thought I was gonna have to kill Black Belle but turns out I had to ice a bunch of bounty hunters. Fun times. Saved saved some mexican chick from imprisonment promptly got gunned down by like 7 or 8 other people. Not so fun. But I did manage to free her. Also there's gonna more fools winding up on the wrong end of my six shooter if they don't stop popping off at the mouth...

So, yeah, within the space of 5 minutes, I killed two strangers and then dumped both their bodies off a cliff. I then killed a farmer and dumped his body in with his pigs in the hope the pigs would eat his body. When that didn't happen, I killed all his pigs, picked up the dead farmer's body, dumped him in his barn and then set his barn on fire.

I never knew I was so fucked up.  If I was in Westworld, I guess I'd be a murderous psychopath.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

The slippery slope of killing somebody (sometimes even accidentally) and then having to deal with witnesses is so funny. It's like right out of a Coen brothers movie. You just wanted to cross the god damned road and you end up with a pile of corpses, rushing around dealing with witnesses running in every which direction. Remember, up on the d-pad while having your weapon equipped will fire off a warning shot.

I have been frustrated with accidentally choking people by pressing Y/triangle near my horse and then having to deal with the consequences of that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Dunlop said:

So, yeah, within the space of 5 minutes, I killed two strangers and then dumped both their bodies off a cliff. I then killed a farmer and dumped his body in with his pigs in the hope the pigs would eat his body. When that didn't happen, I killed all his pigs, picked up the dead farmer's body, dumped him in his barn and then set his barn on fire.

I never knew I was so fucked up.  If I was in Westworld, I guess I'd be a murderous psychopath.

Penny-Arcade-Internet-Dickwad-Theory-700

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I know I could have prevented it but I watched a dude get kicked in his head by his horse and I haven’t stopped laughing

If it’s the same random event I had, it looks friggin’ brutal as well.

Migraine earlier kept me from playing and now I won’t get to touch it ‘til Wednesday, probably. I am very sad.