DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

13 minutes ago, CSC said:

Like any of us are going to play anything other than RDR2 for like 6 months after the release anyway...

Aww.... I have heard this talk from you before.

I KNOW THE TRUTH!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

I grabbed a 5tb drive as soon as they allowed externals. No regrets.

How is the loading speed with that though? I thought about getting a 4 gb external drive, but it seems like with the slow write/read speeds and being transferred over USB would make it not work.

The only games that seem to take forever to load are ones that already have that reputation, like Fire Pro. Otherwise it seems to be just as smooth as off of the internal drive. I know a lot of people have tried to split hairs regarding internal and external speeds as well as solid state versus whatever but it seems like it's always a negligible difference. Big ass games with big ass worlds are just going to take longer I guess? Although that doesn't explain Fire Pro...

Still wanna be a cowboy, baybee.

That looks tremendous. They aren't giving much away and I'm okay with that. The big thing people who've played it say is that the blurring of the line between mission, side mission, and random encounters is truly game changing. Less of getting a quest, retrieving an object/completing a task, return cycle and more organic shit just happens type of world revealing. Somebody also mentioned how fantastic the physics are and the above video sure reinforces that. The horse's leg is blown off by that explosion as well as one of the men's arm. Injured or dead horses can pin down enemies. Gonna have to get all of my shit out of the way for the 26th because it'll just be work and RDR2... And I guess some sleep. 

13 hours ago, jstout said:

And a saloon hooker glitch 

It's just too bad that bikinis didn't exist back then. What are we all, particularly Robert, gonna wear?

Pantaloons and a girdle just doesn't quite have the same effect.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RUkered said:

It's just too bad that bikinis didn't exist back then. What are we all, particularly Robert, gonna wear?

Pantaloons and a girdle just doesn't quite have the same effect.

We all know assless chaps is the answer to that.  

• Like 2