DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

1 hour ago, CreativeControl said:

Man I found that bit of the story the most tiresome. I hated constantly having to work for the general, it made no narrative sense

I seriously powered through Mexico as fast as I could on my second playthrough.  The whole "yes yes, I'll help you find your men...but first run this errand for me!" thing got so tiresome after the 6th time.  If there's any drawback to the Rockstar open world games, it's the flimsy excuses for starting a mission that we see all too often.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Brysynner said:

BTW If you have a PS4 and haven't played RDR, it's available for download for the low price of $14.99

I'm debating it. On the one hand, it's a gorgeously shot and well made game. On the other, I'm a little leery of how women are treated in it.

55 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I seriously powered through Mexico as fast as I could on my second playthrough.  The whole "yes yes, I'll help you find your men...but first run this errand for me!" thing got so tiresome after the 6th time.  If there's any drawback to the Rockstar open world games, it's the flimsy excuses for starting a mission that we see all too often.

RDR and GTA4 both suffered from the fact that the ally characters weren't likeable, and both John Marston and Niko Bellic had that world weary "Why should I?" type personality, so it didn't feel right that you were doing favours for these arseholes. They fixed it in GTA5 because Franklin is easily lead, Michael is constantly being guilt tripped by everyone around him, and Trevor is crazy enough to go along with pretty much anything.

• Like 2

Considering I just bought RDR again to play backwards compatiable I don't need a remastered version

I do need the Skyrim remastered since my 100 hours already sunk in didn't touch the main story

1 hour ago, BL88 said:

If it looks even like 70% like that running in gameplay, that's fucking nuts.

I didn't need to see this trailer.  God willing, I will have my XBox One long before this comes out. 

I'll buy this game and spend hours hunting and trapping.

53 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Considering I just bought RDR again to play backwards compatiable I don't need a remastered version

Huh, I didn't realize Redemption was backwards compatible. My Fallout 4 box may actually become multifunctional.

53 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Again - if you don't have a XBONE when this game comes out, I will no longer be your friend because it means you didn't buy/play Mass Effect Andromeda

When push comes to shove, I will have long bought a cheap refurb by then just for Andromeda.

• Like 1

Red Dead was basically the game that got me to buy a 360 and get back into gaming after a good decade long drought after high school of just ignoring video game systems.  I'll buy pretty much any new game/remaster/anything that gets put out. 

Pretty sure this will be the game that makes me upgrade my Xbox to one of the new models, too.  I want to see this shit in the highest quality possible. 

• Like 1

I'm still really curious to see how Rockstar is gonna make money off online for this.  I'm having a hard time figuring out what you'll need a bunch of money to purchase in an old west game.  Maybe you can buy ranches or trains or something.  I'm sure they've got a plan, but it seems like this one will be a tougher shark card sell than GTA.